Stupidity & fate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupidity & fate

I was reading an entry today about stupid things we've all done & how fate steps in to save us or punish us...depending on the severity of our transgression.
    Case in point:

Riding my 1000 long ago I was heading up a local mountain road that wound up several thousands of feet in elevation (4K?) As I was fairly new to the road I was taking it at a moderate pace when some yokel in an import truck was tailgaiting me severely...
    I was starting to get *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed...how dare he rush me? I'm a motorcycle?
    I could eat him alive...if I wanted to! The nerve of him I thought. Well...
    I think I'll just show this clown what a bike could do.....competing with a car ....Ha!
    As I took off with two downshifts it never occured to me till this moment as I'm writing this...he was a local, he knew the road...every turn,wiggle ,imperfection and bobble. I did not.
    As I blazed towards the end of a short straightaway, the ignition crapped out.........again, I'd been meaning to fix that little problem as it was getting annoying now & more frequently.
    It's a good thing it did at that particular time. As I restarted the machine and headed to the end of that straightaway it turned out it ended at a ninety degree righthander & I never would have made it at my approaching speed....off into the trees I would suspect.
    I still ,to this day shudder at the possibilities & fate
    Rick..............
Working...
X