Paint gun suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint gun suggestions

Anybody have suggestions on what type paint gun would be good for doing a bike? I assume something geared toward smaller jobs would be the way to go but I know diddly about them.

Looked around some and saw siphon and gravity feed, large and small canisters, many different types/sizes of spray heads but not a lot of information on what each of these features is geared toward. Does the type of paint used effect the choice?
    I want to repaint everything that currently is painted (and probably the engine as well with a high heat paint), not just the body parts.

Thanks.

The type of paint you select will determind the size of the nozzle you choose. If you're spraying lacquer, it's really not important since you'll be able to rub it almost immediately. If you're goign to use a Polyurethane clear system, you'll need something with a very fine nozzle. Afterall, you don't want large drops of material, right? Go to an automotive paint store and ask the guy at the coutner to hlep you out.

Comment

spray guns

I use a Sata mini-jet with a 1.0 tip for spraying all my bike stuff. The fine tip allows you to turn down the pressure and the fan pattern to get into all the tight areas,and still atomize the paint very well, while still being able to open things up and do larger areas like the tank and fairing, and have a smooth as glass finish. They are a little spendy, about $265 but I'm a firm believer in " you get what you pay for" and for the kind of professional results I want and expect it's worth every penny.
      Doze.

Comment

Working...
      X