Lower bars = shorter cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower bars = shorter cables

I just but some lower bars on my 86 GS450L and man does it look sweet!! I like the feel better two. The original were the "buckhorn" type, and I went with something close to drag bars but with a small rise.
    BUT I had to re-route my clutch and throttle cables a bit to straighten them out. So my question is....does anyone know where I can buy shorter cables?? Will some off of a different model work?

My advice would be to take your cables to a Suzuki dealer and compare them to cables from the 450 or 500 E model. I imagine they're the same but considerably shorter.
    Axel

Comment

Frank, I've been looking for the right bars for my 750E, and what you're describing sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, a very low rise, nearly straight drag bars with just a slight bend. If you don't mind me asking, what brand/style bars did you go with? what are the specs, rise, pullback etc...?? How hard was the swap? I figure my wires being routed outside should make it a nice easy changeout, but I'd really love to get your input before I take the plunge. Thanks in advance for any assistance, and best of luck on the new bars. Dominick........

Comment

Frank not sure what model bike you have my 82 had no problems with the new bars that went on it sounds like the same as yours pretty much you get a lot more feel with the drag style bars bike is way more responsive feeling ...........Dominiqe I can take a look at mine and give you the name .....but they are an older set not sure if they make them anymore or not

Comment

I'd really appreciate it, the bars are the next project on my list, and it would be easy to go and look at bars at a dealer or a parts store, but chances are i'll end up ordering them online, and it's hard to tell what you're getting, but what you guys describe is just what I want. Thanks for the help, I do appreciate it. Dominick.......

Comment

K here goes Dominick MY bars were made by Rider Industrys Richmond BC Canada tried finding a site for them on the net but no luck

Comment

Frank this it pretty much what I have on my bike http://denniskirk.com/powervendor/de...&PartNo=591843

Comment

Sorry guys, I've been away from the site and wasn't getting notification of your responses.

The bars I put on the bike came from Chaparral www.chaparral-racing.com they are the GP Touring style.
                27 1/2" wide
                2 1/2" rise
                6 1/2" pullback
                $11.99 when I ordered them.
                The only problems I've had since getting them on were that the bottom of the controls hit the tank at full turn, and I now need mirrors that stick out further to see around my shoulders.

Comment

Dont we all my 1150 ES gives a great view of my shoulders or arms but not much else.
                  Dink

Comment

dido can`t see sqat outta mine ecept my ugly mug if I lean the right way!!!!!!!!!!! 8O 8O

Comment

I THINK MY BARS ARE CALLED CLUBMAN BARS, BUT THERE FLIPPED UP INSTED OF HOW THEY SHOULD BE

Comment

Frank,

Just bought the same bike. Do you have a pic of what yours looks like with the new handlebars?

Thanks,
                        Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X