cheap tint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap tint?

is there a cheap way i cant tint my helmet shield? tinted shields are the coolest thing since sliced bread, its the whole mystique of the motorcycle rider, and i was wondering if its possible to paint my helmet black too, it's an hjc fusion cl-12 so it has a bunch of stupid ass graphics on it that i'd want to remove, i also need to know how to do that.

putting paint on that helmet might alter the bla bla bla and make it weak, you would be better off buying a new helmet.

Comment

yea really are u kidding me? i aleady dropped 2 weaks pay on my first one

Comment

I understand it's a bad idea to paint any helmet that has a plastic shell. Paint shouldn't hurt fiberglass or kevlar though. Another thing to be concerned about is the styrafoam padding inside. Styrafoam and paint solvents do not get along well at all. Try pouring some thinner into a styrafoam cup sometime, it's like the cup isn't even there (don't try this over the wifes new carpet).
        Axel

Comment

If you remove the shield from the helmet, there shouldn't be a problem in tinting it. I've been contemplating it myself, not for looks, but for functional purposes, sun glare, etc... As for painting it, you'd be better off buying a new one. I purchased mine at the dealership, and still only paid about $110. One of the costs factored into the helmet is all those graphics, and if you get a plain jane helmet, it will reflect in the cost. Just make sure you're still getting a properly protecting hunk of tupperware. Hope this helps, Dominick............

Comment

I have the HJC CL-12. I bought a tinted mirrored shield at the dealer I got the helmet from for $15. It was a Yamaha dealer. the suzuki dealer wnted $30 more for the same helmet.

Comment

Working...
            X