Saddlebags for 1983 GS1100L: Suggestions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saddlebags for 1983 GS1100L: Suggestions Please

Ladies and Gents: I need saddlebags for my 1983 GS1100L. The primary use for the bags will be to carry my laptop & assorted daily work needs, as well as the bikes cover & locking cable for the cover. Ideally I'd like something that can quick release so I could carry the bags easily into my work place with me once I've thrown the cover on my bike. I guess my leanings are more toward function rather than show, altho I certainly would like something that's handsome if it meets my functional requirements.
    Any suggestions on manufacturers,models, prices and purchase sources would be most appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.
    Scott

Unique

Depends on what you want to spend vs. quality there is a place called trevino's lether in Sturgis SD. I saw a set of saddlebags he made for a harley and I was impressed (the $700 price was also impressive though). Other than that I would probably look at your local harley scooter shack (enthusiats shop, not harley dealer). They usually have some bags that would work for not that much money.

Comment

Saddlebags...

Go to JCWhitney.com
      I bought a pair of Touring bags for $59.99
      Quick release velcro belts under the seat and have carrying handles.
      I'm very happy with them. Not leather.

Comment

Saddlebags for 1983 GS1100L

master_dragon45,
        Are you using those bags on an "L" model?
        Scott

Comment

Hard luggage bags..

Was wondering if any of you guys knew where I could find hard luggage bags for my 1980 GS1100E?

Thanks

Rudi

Comment

Working...
          X