Originally posted by avistern
    can somebudy know where to find a streetfighter pic in the internet
    for gs 1000?
    thanks
    avi

I am digging up the search
    here is the search results also

Comment

You may find what you are looking for here!
      Custom Motorcycle Engineering REDNECK CYCLES Custom Motorcycle Engineering Archives:1.Chops/Lowriders2.Streetfighters3.Restorations The End After many years involvement in the building of custom bikes we have decided to call it a day and wind up the business. Many reasons involved, mainly financial, but the realisation that we no longer had the essential enthusiasm for the work combined with […]

Comment

Re: build a streetfighter

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE/SCOTTY
        for gs 1000?
        thanks
        avi

I am digging up the search
        here is the search results also

Hi here is a web sight in the netherlands that is worth a visit
        www.streetfighter.nl./
        hope you like to site
        iainl

Comment

try this site

streetbikeshootout.com

Comment

i really want to turn my bike into a street fight just because it is really ugly right now, does anyone have any suggestions on where to start with parts and stuff?

Comment

So finally after a lay up of a few months my gs1000 streetfighter project is up and running again.
              First i took a grinder and chopped off the rear end and filed either side of the inside of the frame where the swingarm goes , as now my gsxr1100 swingarm and rear wheel will fit.
              The conversion to a monoshock is a little tricky but we got around it by making the rear shock 3 way adjustable.
              The front end is a nice upside down gsxr1100 with wheel , so I kept the original stem from my tiple trees and am making up custom triple trees out of very thick billet alloy.
              The frame is getting braced at the swingarm and also at the neck .
              I,m keeping the stock tank so i can hide most of my electrics under it.
              it,s going to be a single seater with the rear light hanging under the seat and i was able to get my hands on a rear tail light from an RC51 with the integrated indicators (very trick).
              The handle bars are off a triumph speed triple and i got a mini twin headlight fairing of a aprillia 125 race rep which is way cool.
              The whole thing is getting treated to a glorious coat of matt black paint .
              When it is all said and done I will post before and after pics of it.
              Right now i,m not posting anything as it is still in the dry build stage and i will probably change a bunch of stuff.
              Stay tuned

Comment

Zombie,

You don't have to fabricate triple clamps for your inverted forks. If you get a set of gsxr triples with the tapered bearings (I've got a '93 set) they bolt right up.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the rear swingarm on the bike I'm modifying ('80 GS1100E). Not sure exactly what to do with it right now. The options seem to be a monoshock unit from a gsxr (using the monoshock), or take the gsxr swingarm and attach mounts for the dual shocks, or possibly using the swingarm from a ZRX1200R (Eddie Lawson replica).

How is the lenght of the GSXR1100 swingarm compared to your stock unit? I'd love to see how you fitted that.

Steve

Comment

some cool handlebars

I just recently put a set of black Renthal Fatties{Doug Henry bend}, although there are many different bends available. You'll also need the adapter because the bars are 1 7/8 inch only in the center where they bolt to the triple clamp and taper down to 7/8 inch the rest of the way so swithes and perches, master cylinder all bolt up fine. The adapter I use is fro TAG METALS, available at most dealers, you may need to order it, it's designed for dirt bikes. Looks cool, especially for the Street fighter look. Brent

Comment

Re: build a streetfighter

for gs 1000?
                    thanks
                    avi
                    No but this I've a scan of a GS1000 streetfighter which is got to be one of the best out there IMHO, on my website.

It is a GS honest!! GS1000 frame and engine with GSX forks, RGV250 rear end, Aprillia 125 seat, GPz1100 tank.

My GS550EN is in the process of receiving a GSX-R1100 rear end and USD front end at the moment and should be ready March '03. I'll post photos when its done.

Cheers
                    Kieron

Comment

How about this one?

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgDeAv8TtZ7U7yG7PMRiu4BzVveZnWPEu0LHwrsK7ryvfjkJ* fjRTZ02vz6jnPej2a6LRGtHfd7NiPZqQGdXu5eyfSxkJXczi5L 71ydr*qQ/yoshi02.jpg?dc=4675400461243719150[/img]

Comment

GS550 Streetfighter

Ok so it took a little longer than first thought....

But finally heres my GS550 with a 'few' mods

[/url]

Only taken 8 years from beginning to end!

Comment

Nice!
                          Who did the monoshock conversion?

Comment

WHOAA! thats so awesome ! a 5k bike in a $100 truck .. lol ... Nice that bike makes me wanna get my bike working even MORE! ..

Comment

Polygon in Gloucester. http://www.go.to/polygonengineering.

Its a ZXR rear end, tho not sure which model - I think ZX7R, with a ZX9R adjustable shocker. They've done an amazing job on it!

Some better photos of it on my website out of the ratted pickup.

Comment

Working...
                              X