My GS mods (alot of GSXR stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My GS mods (alot of GSXR stuff)

I have a 82 GS1100E that I have had since 82. I put 92 GSXR 600 swingarm & wheels, 93 GSXR 1100 forks, GSXR brakes, foot controls, master cyl. 38mm CV carbs or 40mm Flatslides. It has a Fox rear shock, 520 chain. Motor has 1170 kit cams, ported head, welded & balanced crank, with a 83 end on the crank. Billet clutch basket, under cut trans. titanium valve spring retainers. It's still pretty fast I took it to the drag strip this summer. It went a 7.10 at 108mph 1/8 mi. not bad for an old bike. But my new GSXR 750 went 6.92 at 114 1/8 mi. wow.
    You can see a picture here http://www.r-r-racing.com/GS1100.htm

How did you do the forks?

Hello,

That GSXR fromt end looks great. How hard was it to put on? Is it something that'll work on my '82 gs1100L, or does it only work on the E?

Thanks.

Brian

Comment

nice bike wanna trade?

Comment

I would think it would work. Try it.
        What do you have to trade?

Comment

Re: My GS mods (alot of GSXR stuff)

Originally posted by Brett
          I have a 82 GS1100E that I have had since 82. I put 92 GSXR 600 swingarm & wheels, 93 GSXR 1100 forks, GSXR brakes, foot controls, master cyl. 38mm CV carbs or 40mm Flatslides. It has a Fox rear shock, 520 chain. Motor has 1170 kit cams, ported head, welded & balanced crank, with a 83 end on the crank. Billet clutch basket, under cut trans. titanium valve spring retainers. It's still pretty fast I took it to the drag strip this summer. It went a 7.10 at 108mph 1/8 mi. not bad for an old bike. But my new GSXR 750 went 6.92 at 114 1/8 mi. wow.
          You can see a picture here http://www.r-r-racing.com/GS1100.htm
          How did you offset the front sprocket when you installed the GSXR600 Swingarm and wheels? Where did you get the 520 front sprocket? Also, how did you install the upper shock mount on the frame?

Hap
          So many questions, so little time!

Comment

Re: How did you do the forks?

Originally posted by BrianS
            Hello,

That GSXR fromt end looks great. How hard was it to put on? Is it something that'll work on my '82 gs1100L, or does it only work on the E?

Thanks.

Brian
            I t is a straight swap all steering head bearings are the same and Suzuki in its infinite wisdom kept most chassis dimension standardised too, so the steering stem lengths are the same.
            So it should not pose to much of a problem, the only difference between your bike and most other GS's is that the seat rails are lowered.
            Dink

Comment

Brett was the front end a direct bolt on let us know what it took
              I'll race you for the front end
              lol.

oops didn't read Dinks post an ez swap huh

Comment

Hi Brett,
                I was looking at your plastic bodywork but some of the links are dead. Anyway, how many HP does your GS put out? I'm working on getting a GS1100 that puts out 130HP. It is supposed to have GSXR slingshot carbs on it. I just wish the guy would reply to my email.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                X