Rearsets? '78 GS550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rearsets? '78 GS550

Looking for suggestions on brands, etc. of rearsets for a '78 GS550. I know of Raask, and they're great, but I'm seeking other alternatives. Any thoughts?

Thx.

Rearset availability

CAFERACER:
    I really think your fortunate that somebody still makes rearsets for your 550......kinda thought Raask would have been the remaining manufacturer as they are the premier maker of rearsets. I really think you should snap them up while they are still available!!!
    We with our "old" bikes are really chasing around for aftermarket stuff as the manufacturers seem to market to the "bike of the month".
    Rick.........
    (P.S. refering to availability, remember manufacturers can stop production of any part without warning & you'll be outta luck)

Comment

In reply to my own question -- Disco Volante sells a nice set that is bolt-on. Very affordable too. Only about $180. Available as machined-style works look or more traditional rubber pegs. www.discovolantemoto.com

Comment

Originally posted by caferacer
        In reply to my own question -- Disco Volante sells a nice set that is bolt-on. Very affordable too. Only about $180. Available as machined-style works look or more traditional rubber pegs. www.discovolantemoto.com

Cool!!!!!!
        Never heard of the brand,...but that doesn't matter, just as long as you like em. (I guess with the advent of the information age, if anyone on the planet makes them for your application then you can find out).
        Rick...........

Comment

I'm building a cafe racer out of a 1981 GS550T. I've used a lot of GSXR stuff to upgrade; front end, brakes wheels and...rearsets. I paid hardly anything for the rearsets at a wrecker and a local welder did a $40 mod to the frame so they would mount. All in, I paid less than $100 and they look great.

Comment

I'm using GSX-R rearsets too. No passenger pegs, I hate riding with a passenger anyway. After cutting off the stock mounts and changing the original setup I probably saved 4-5 pounds. I may have paid $50 or so. I did end up with a G-P shift pattern since I didn't have room to flip the linkage over the top of the gearshift shaft. Takes some getting use to, but you won't miss any upshifts with the G-P pattern.

Comment

Just wanted to add -

Yesterday I installed the Tarozzi rearsets (from Disco Volante). I can't say enough good things about them. Custom brackets and linkages, plus all the hardware needed (could have used one more clevis pin, but hey...). Excellent quality and awesome value for $170. Sure you can fabricate / modify a set for cheaper, but the Tarozzis are truly bolt time-savers, and look cool as hell to-boot.

Comment

Working...
              X