First Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time

So it rained pretty hard most of Saturday and Sunday but I did try to get out a bit on Saturday morning before it all started.

But for the first time, Larry didn't start right away! 8O I was shocked, mortified, confused, and slightly sweaty. For the first time, Larry didn't fire up on the first couple turns of the starter. I was starting to get a bit worried...

What had happened, did I do something to him on the ride two days beforehand? Was the gas tainted? Had thieves broken in and stolen his will to live? Was Cartoon Network really picking up Futurama?

I tried the starter a second time and still Larry refused to start. This had never happened before. Ever since I had given him a fresh battery he had worked like a dream. He was still as ugly as the day I bought him but he ran better than any bike off the showroom floor. Some would say like a "raped ape" but I don't think I really appreciate that enough to use it.

Thinking more logically now I went over everything... Primed? Check. Kill Switch? Check. Neutral? Check. Clutch? Check.

Trying the starter a third time, still he refused to fire up...

Oh agony! Why must I be cursed so? Have the gods deemed me to suffer the fate of having all that is good in my life stripped from me right before my eyes leaving me with a poor hollow shell of a substitute? (I'm glad my girlfriend isn't reading this.)

Fourth try on the starter... Glimmer of hope... VROOOM!!

My heart goes out to you in this your hour of need, I only hope I never feel your pain.
    Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
      My heart goes out to you in this your hour of need, I only hope I never feel your pain.
      Dink
      If only I could hear the sarcasm in your voice.

I love how reliable my GS is. It's uglier than homemade sin (that fancy store-bought sin too) but it runs like a champ.

I can't help bragging about it, even if it's not worth posting a picture.

Comment

Dink
        I hope you never have this happen to you too

It would not be a pretty sight with you on the floor begging and pleading "Please baby start, I'll be good I promise if you start for me"

Comment

Originally posted by ampoliros
          Dink
          If only I could hear the sarcasm in your voice.

I love how reliable my GS is. It's uglier than homemade sin (that fancy store-bought sin too) but it runs like a champ.

I can't help bragging about it, even if it's not worth posting a picture.
          Just a note on Dink-He is a serious man and never has been sarcastic with me on voice or otherwise--(((UNLESS Dink HAS BEEN GIVING ME THE BUSINESS ALL THIS TIME AND I NEVER COUGHT ON ))

Comment

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE/SCOTTY
            Just a note on Dink-He is a serious man and never has been sarcastic with me on voice or otherwise--(((UNLESS Dink HAS BEEN GIVING ME THE BUSINESS ALL THIS TIME AND I NEVER COUGHT ON ))
            Yes Dom Dink is a serious man
            The only people he torments is his 2 daughters and ME :?
            so I take every opportunity to have a dig at him :twisted:

When he meets people who are having problems with their bike or car he is the first one in line offering help and he can generally find the problem.

Comment

Ooopps!!!!

Geez did that get taken wrong or what ?
              I was actually offering my sincere sympathies, there is nothing worse than pressing the "magic" button and getting little or no response from your steed I had this happen on my GS1150 at 2am just after putting in two hours overtime and had to push the somewhat weighty beast 8kms.(5 miles) to somewhere safe, and then call my wife at 2am to get all 4 of our kids out of bed and drive 80kms.(50miles) to collect me.which is why I offered my sympathies in the first place, and threw on the wish to not have it happen to me, I probably should have said again.
              Dink

Comment

Hey, ampoliros
                I think we should have a special section in the Gallery for "Beauty is as Beauty Does" Bikes. I really admire all the fine motorcycles and all the hard work and $$ spent to make them so, but I think that there will always be a special plae in my heart for all those not-so-pretty- but-has-a-good-personality bikes!!
                Pam

Comment

Good one Motomedic. What my Suzi lacks for in looks (BUT, not in my opinion) by spending most of her time unwashed and rough around the edges, she more than makes up for by being my........my........my....... You know, there just isn't a single word to describe what she is to me. Suzi is more than just a motorcyle.

Comment

Working...
                  X