question for dallas riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question for dallas riders

now, i avoid this place at all cost, but does anyone have a problem getting on 75s from 635e? its just that bump right when you are making the curve. it probably seems worse than it is, but im a bit nervous about going over it. ive only been riding a very short time, so i normally dont even attempt the hwy that much, but sometimes, it just happens. any tips would be great. thanks

Re: question for dallas riders

Originally posted by beattheirsystem
    now, i avoid this place at all cost
    And that's exactly what I do ... I work at the Park Central plaza just west of the ramp your referring to, and after having survived it once - I won't go near it again on 2 wheels, in fact, I won't go near 75s or 635 period during peak traffic times. Much better to be safe (take another route) than to be extremely sorry

Comment

I usually just take the... hey, what the...? I'm from New England and we dont have any confusing roads here (yeah, right).
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I work at Spring Valley and the Tollway in Dallas, I live 65 miles north.. the bike would sure make it nice when it comes to gas mileage, but I have to say that getting on either 635 or 75 during rush hour with 100,000 psychotic, nose pickers, with one hand putting on make-up or shaving, and the other one holding the cell phone firmly to their ear... is simply an act of suicide... yet I see these Harley Riders do it every day without a helmet! NUTS if you ask me..
        Safe Riding
        Tom

Comment

yup nutty drivers on 635, was driving there and noticed the guy behind driving with the window shade covering the entire windsheild, looked like he was peeking out of the top to see...all that at 80mph....just thought to myself, look at this frikin weirdo

Comment

Riding in Dallas

Hey you Dallas Guys and Gals !!
            I commute on the GS1100 daily, from Plano, to Irving (Texas Stadium Area).
            George Bush Turnpike and the HOV Lane have become my friends !!
            Y'all drop me an email, I would love to hook up and do some weekend riding with other GS Junkies in this area !! Swap some tips, tricks, and various other stuff with fellow GS'ers !!

Comment

Re: Riding in Dallas

Originally posted by Dallas82GS1100
              Hey you Dallas Guys and Gals !!
              I commute on the GS1100 daily, from Plano, to Irving (Texas Stadium Area).
              George Bush Turnpike and the HOV Lane have become my friends !!
              Y'all drop me an email, I would love to hook up and do some weekend riding with other GS Junkies in this area !! Swap some tips, tricks, and various other stuff with fellow GS'ers !!
              Be sure to check out the meeting place forum. We're planning a fall ride in the Hill country in Oct. which will be our 3rd and several of us from NT ride down together meeting up with the ST bunch. Weekend rides? I'm game.

Comment

Where in Plano do you live?? I'm up in The Colony - drive through Plano everyday on my way to and from work!! 8)

Comment

Driving in Dallas

I live right near the Ave K, 14th Street intersection. Nice quite part of town. Olde Towne Area.... Leave the house, head up Ave K, catch Hwy 5 in Fairview, and just ride, ride, ride !!! Email me at daniel@texasoutdoorguide.com and maybe we can hook up sometime !!

Comment

Working...
                  X