Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing Tank Dents - Product Info

Hello everyone,

I was surfing the net and I stumble into this product called "Ding King Twist-A-Dent Kit".

I haven't tried yet, but I will give it a shot and try to fix a couple of dents in my baby's tank.......I'll let you know if it truly works.

The Kit price is $30 and you can find it at www.gs-27.com

M.

That's the kit I saw that made me post the tip in an earlier dent removal topic.

Comment

You can pick this up at Walgreens if you have one near you.

Comment

walmart has them too

Comment

dent remover

I have used the standard cheap 6" dent pulling suction cup to pull large and small dents. My tip is to use motor oil as a sealing media rather than water. The oil is more viscous and holds the seal better while you apply the necessary sharp tug to pull the dent.

Comment

Car and Driver TV or Motortrend TV (or one of the other speed channel programs) tested this kit and concluded it didn't work very well. The kit they tested used hot glue to attach the dented section to the tool. It sounds like there are at least two types of this product, with one using the glue and one using water and a suction cup.

The idea of using oil instead of water to get better suction is an interesting idea ... could make the difference between success and failure. 8)

Comment

ding king leaves a bad impression

Ding King didn't do much for my dent, but did an excellent job removing a circular patch of paint from my gas tank! If you have 20yr. old paint on your bike, DO NOT USE IT! (unless you are planning a repaint anyway-in which case, you might as well use an old fashioned dent-puller which will work on almost all dents, not just small ones.)

Comment

ding king works ok... it depends on the dent. I had a couple dents on my tank when I got my bike, and it pulled one out, and it pulled one close to being out. I sorta but another dent in my tank the other day (where the 'suzuki' emblem screws in) and since the metal is thicker there, it didn't actually do anything.

Comment

Working...
                X