ok, one more dallas question? last one, i think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, one more dallas question? last one, i think

where do you other dfw guys go for maintenance and what not. i need to do a few simple things, like change the oil, and well, im not really sure what else, but some other tune up type stuff. i think if i get the book i should be able to figure it all out. (i hope :? ) but i need new tires, where is a good place to go for tires in dfw? and any other mechanical work i cant do on my own? thanks.
    rob

I can tell you that there really isn't any place in the Dallas area, that I know of, that has a mechanic that wants to touch these old machines. Every one I've ever heard about always had really bad feedback based on the time they'd take to perform a repair and the amount of money charged 8) (I should start a business) 8) . The more you can do yourself - the better off you'll be. Find yourself an original Suzuki service manual and dig in! Now tires and other misc. aftermarket purchases can be made at several different places - my preferrence is Bates discount cycles, their located at I35 and Valwood parkway (just north of 635).

Comment

Re: ok, one more dallas question? last one, i think

Originally posted by beattheirsystem
      where do you other dfw guys go for maintenance and what not. i need to do a few simple things, like change the oil, and well, im not really sure what else, but some other tune up type stuff. i think if i get the book i should be able to figure it all out. (i hope :? ) but i need new tires, where is a good place to go for tires in dfw? and any other mechanical work i cant do on my own? thanks.
      rob
      Not familiar with Dallas, but on the "better" side of the Metroplex(Ft. Worth) there is one shop that I trust and they are very familiar with older bikes especially GS's and that is Mid-Cities Cycle located on East Belknap, Ft. Worth.

Comment

Re: ok, one more dallas question? last one, i think

Originally posted by moto_dan
        Originally posted by beattheirsystem
        rob
        Not familiar with Dallas, but on the "better" side of the Metroplex(Ft. Worth) there is one shop that I trust and they are very familiar with older bikes especially GS's and that is Mid-Cities Cycle located on East Belknap, Ft. Worth.
        The "better" side of the Metroplex ... I guess it's a good thing that I live north of both!! 8)

Comment

Working...
        X