Gel Cell Batteries practical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gel Cell Batteries practical?

I want to put a gel cell battery on my KZ1100 because it has some big cams and the previous owner put in a battery that was too small. Has anyone gotten one of these batteries and how did it work out for you? Is a regular refillable better?

Re: Gel Cell Batteries practical?

Originally posted by pdanza
    I want to put a gel cell battery on my KZ1100 because it has some big cams and the previous owner put in a battery that was too small. Has anyone gotten one of these batteries and how did it work out for you? Is a regular refillable better?
    I HAVE HEARD THAT THEY DONT LAST TOO LONG BUT ID SURE LIKE TO HEAR LOTS OF INFORMATION ON THEM--I HAVE A LOW WATER WARNING LIGHT ON MY BIKE AND I WOULD HAVE TO DISMANTLE IT WITH A GEL BATTERY.

Comment

The CBR600 I used to own had a gel battery, never had a problem in the 2 years I owned it. I'm not sure how long they last but they are definitely maintenance free.

Comment

My Yam hs the original cell battery and it's 8 years old right now byt does the job perfectly, even using the starter for 5 minute periodes after I once again ran out of petrol. (annoying high mounted carbs and fuelpump that only works when your starting it instead of when you turn on the ignition)

Comment

Working...
        X