Anyone using rearsets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using rearsets?

I have a 83 GS1100E and I am wanting to put rearsets on, anyone have experience with Raask or Disco Volante? Also, do either one of these allow you to keep the passenger pegs? I have contacted Omar's and even they are not sure if their rearset installation requires passenger peg removal or not.

I put a complete set of rearsets from a 1990 GSXR 750 on my bike, and they went on easily with just a small bracket to make and a few washers.

You can see a pic at:

the white GS750EZ

Andre

Comment

I'm using GSX-R rearsets as well. Since I don't like riding with a passenger, they're always leaning the wrong way, I ditched the passenger pegs. Just had to weld on some plates to bolt the rearsets to. They are lighter and look tons better than the stock setup.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I just got a reply back from jim@discovolantemoto.com, their rearsets do not require passenger peg removal.

Comment

I just ordered a set from DiscoVolante for a '78 GS550. Will post a note on how the installation goes. The DV rearsets seem much more mild than Raask. I've had Raask on a Guzzi T-3, and they're full race position, up really, really high. Great, but not the thing if you're just looking for a little more setback (I'm 6'2"). Price for the DV is excellent too!

Comment

Thanks for the info Caferacer. I did find out that Disco Volante's rearsets do not affect the passenger pegs, but Raask's relocate them to the rearset with seperate pegs available from Omar's. I look forward to hearing how your DV's work out.

Comment

If you are on a budget, do what I did as they work great. Go to a wrecker and get a set of GSXR rearsets, throw away the side mounts and pegs you have now, get a welder to do a quick and inexpensive adjustments to the tabs and viola....great looking a working rearsets that cost me less than $100 (that would be about $63US) I looked into the aftermarket ones but didn't wnat to spend hundreds of dollars.

Comment

Disco Volante Rearsets

What is Disco Volante's Website address?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
                    http://www.discovolantemoto.com/
                    that is some website Bill
                    I saw a stainless steel brake line kit that looked extremely reasonable. Do you know anything about the item.I was a make your own kit --compression fittings etc. ??

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty
                      I saw a stainless steel brake line kit that looked extremely reasonable. Do you know anything about the item.I was a make your own kit --compression fittings etc. ??
                      The lines are supposed to be very simple to assemble. Never done it myself though. I just picked up a set of Graydon lines off Ebay for about $30 with shipping. They do make a huge difference in feel and how far back the lever goes, not very far compared to stock lines.

Comment

Originally posted by motorcyclemodeller

the white GS750EZ

Andre

Man, that's a gorgeous bike. Really sharp.

Comment

I see that DV has aluminum banjo joints. When I had my brake line made up this summer they refused to use the aluminum stuff because it isn't strong enough. Was my dealer mistaken?

Steve

Comment

In Connecticut it is illegal to use compression fittings for brake lines. You might want to check with local laws beforehand.

-=Whittey=-

Comment

This is a little off topic, but I tried to look at the white 750 and I have discovered that I can't view any of the pics, just the thumbnails. Anyone know why?

Comment

Working...
                              X