GS 550M (a little beauty)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 550M (a little beauty)

Purchased a GS550 M (yes an M) from a work mate of my wife. cost $600 (australian) and was fully rideable with the occasionally carby problem. Got the S**Ts with the carbs and decided to pull the whole bike down New caskets seals rings you name it I was going to do it. ( got a price for pistons etc before I started so I knew what it was going to cost) Imagine my surprise when I discovered everything was still within the service limit. No machining required just fresh seals and gaskets allround. The local mechaninc was that impressed he took photos.
    I have never seen a 20 year old engine in such good condition. Looks like they guy I got it from just treated the bike like rubbish and used anything to keeep it going. The previous owner obviously looked after it. Thumbs up to suzuki for making excellent motors. (theres is 78,000 on the clock) Just waiting for parts now and I'll be a happy camper.

A friend of mine who runs a salvage shop says those motors are solid as a rock and will run forever. 8)
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Working...
    X