GS1150 Fairing on an '83 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150 Fairing on an '83 750

Some time back it was asked if an 1150 fairing would fit a 750. Here's a bike on Ebay with that very thing done to it, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1867567099. I picked one up off of Ebay that at some point in the future will be going on my '85 700.

Fitting a fairing!!!!

Billy
    I have an 1150 & I had the fairing off a while ago & I guess the hardest part will be fabricating the "frame" of the fairing......I take that back perhaps the hardest part will be locating the "best" location on the bike.
    I guess you might have a couple guys holding the fairing from both sides while you start measuring where you want it ,paying attention to the bar clearance while you get in there measuring all the connection points.
    The fairing while not really heavy, it IS cumbersome to manuever.
    Rick...............(P.S. good luck!)

Comment

I have the complete fairing stay. It looks to me like it will attach exactly the way it attaches on an 1150. I have the two mounting points on the steering head and the ones on the frame downtubes below the tank. The only thing it looks like I will need to do is relocate the ignition switch since I'm using a GSX-R front end.

Comment

Any updates on your fairing project...?

Comment

That's going to be a long term project. I need to get my hands on a set of lowers then I have to repaint the fairing and maybe the whole bike.

Comment

Just found GS1150 repro fairings at Airtech's website. Don't know if I want to put one on my 750E, but it's nice to know there's an aftermarket source for 'em...

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X