engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine swap

1989 gsxr 750 motor in a 1983 850gs frame, is the fitment close or is it no were close in dimensions. if its close i will explain more latter.

engine swap

The biggest problem I see is that you are trying to put a chain drive motor in a shaft drive bike Not very economically feasable.
    Doze.

Comment

Forget it.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Diaz
        Forget it.

Nick
        Don't think that way, that's too restricting mechanically allmost everything is possible but you will need a different swingarm and another rear wheel.

Comment

My intentions are strictly to bolt up the engine in the cradle. I have no use for the shaft drive swing arm. As a foot note I have a complete gsxr, but I don't want to use the aluminum frame. If the gs frame isn't close what other posibilities do I have.

Comment

Go ahead then. It just isn't cost- or time-effective, in my opinion. You certainly may use your time and resources in any way you wish. I just think it's a waste of time and resources.

Nick

Comment

Again my question is , are the mounting position for the engine close in coralation to the gs 850

Comment

Since most of us dinosaur-loving GS owners know little or nothing about the crotch rocket GSXR bikes, you'll be lucky to get an informed opinion in this forum. Hope you do.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by dave y
                  Again my question is , are the mounting position for the engine close in coralation to the gs 850
                  No.

That doesn't mean it can't be aligned.

But use a chain drive frame for ____'s sake!

Comment

Working...
                  X