What's your favorite color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite color?

My '83 GS750E (with a Katana 600 motor) is now completely torn down to the frame. I'm doing a complete rebuild with the intention of having a neat, solid, not-like-much-else bike. My original plan was the polish all the alloy bits, and then powder coat the steel bits, and paint the plastic and the tank to match, do the seat in tan leather. The plan was all white, frame, body, etc. It seems like every bike I see is 80% black, so I want to avoid that as much as possible. For the enigne I was going to pull the head and crank covers, and the trans covers, and polish them, then paint the rest, white, or alpine green or blue or somthing.
    So, my question is what bikes have you seen that really stand out from a color view point. Has anyone ever seen an all white bike? How did it look? They make white header paint too, so I'd do the exhaust as well. Seems like it would be hard to keep a white engine looking shiny, so I'd probably go with a bit of color there. If not white, then what?

Thanks,
    Dave

One awesome scheme I have seen is electric blue bodywork combined with gold yellow frame and rims

Comment

My 750 is getting a metallic medium blue. I didn't want a black bike in the Texas sun. I think that white bikes are to hard to keep clean and end up looking dirty all the time even if you just washed it. My 1100 is getting a tannish gold frame and red bodywork. This was inspired by Ducati's red/silver frame paint scheme on many 900SS bikes. I chose the tan/gold just to be a little different.

Comment

I like white bikes. I think completely white bike with black engine would look good, especially with some colorful details e.g. seat and wheels. I would pick maroon (it would probably be nice with blue, red, dark green, or dark yellow too).

Comment

I like the canary yellow on some Gold Wings. I know two couples who ride on these yellow bikes. Can't lose them on the rear view mirror! Very photogenic also!

Some 1976 GL1000 Gold Wings also came in yellow. It was striking for its time.

Nick

Comment

I favor white also. I think it stands out and is easy to see for safety. But the bright yellow color Nick speaks about is also great for visability! Stay away from black or gray/silver. I think these colors make you harder to see in traffic.
            GY

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryy
              Stay away from black or gray/silver. I think these colors make you harder to see in traffic.
              GY
              I guess I should have checked this post first!! 8) Oh well, I kinda like the stealth mode, besides their gonna hear me long before they see me

Comment

I painted the engine in my CR250 a metallic blue/green and it looked really good. Suzuki blue and white also looks good. Don't go with any of the new Triumph colour schemes though, unless you want to join the power rangers. 8O

Steve

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I went and talked to the powder coater the other day. They've got any color you can think of these days, I really like the metallic bronze, but metallics cost twice as much as standard colors. They have to do a clear coat over them, so it's just like painting it twice. Red frame with silver body looks pretty good. Anyone seen the kinda yellowy green pale color on newer cars, Eclipses from a few years ago and I've seen a few Rams with it too? That would be neat. Or maybe bright yellow for the frame, and silver for the body. I think the problem I'm running into is not wanting to do any black, but also not wanting to look like a clown car either. Too bad about the metallics costing so much, that would have looked nice. I'm still looking for any suggestions, the frame is getting coated next week come hell or high water, so I've got to figure it out by then.

Thanks,
                  David

Comment

Working...
                  X