Tips for setting floats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for setting floats

What are some of the tips and tricks of the trade to setting the correct float level in carbs. If it takes some special tools, where is this available.

No special tools required. I measured out the required float height on a thinner piece of cardboard. The kind that you might get when you purchase a fruit of the loom product. I will forward you a sketch via email.

Do you have a shop manual, the instructions that discuss the process are pretty good but they don't talk about making your own measuring tool.

Roman

ps.

You will need to send me your e-mail address via the PM Icon located at the bottom of my post so that I can forward you a sketch.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman
      No special tools required. I measured out the required float height on a thinner piece of cardboard. The kind that you might get when you purchase a fruit of the loom product. I will forward you a sketch via email.

Do you have a shop manual, the instructions that discuss the process are pretty good but they don't talk about making your own measuring tool.

Roman

ps.

You will need to send me your e-mail address via the PM Icon located at the bottom of my post so that I can forward you a sketch.
      Roman
      please send me the drawing also and if you dont mind, I will put it on one of my temporary web pages so any one who wants it may copy it.
      slopoke@tampabay.rr.com

Comment

Slopoke,

I hope you received it.

Roman

Comment

Working...
        X