gs550 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs550 mods

After 14 years or more of sitting in my brother-in-laws field, he asks me if I would like his 1981 GS550T to play with knowing that I like to rebuild lost causes for the challenge. I said yes and now I'm looking for advice from more experienced GS people than myself. I have decided to turn it into a cafe racer. So far I have removed most of the brackets from the frame including the center stand, thrown away the side covers, air box, front end, wheels, etc.. In their place, I have done some welding to modify the frame and battery box, put on a GSXR front end, wheels, rearsets, clip-ons and brakes. The frame and many other parts are powdercoated with prismatic black which is totally cool (26 different colors depending on the angle you look at it, the wheels are like a kalidescope). The seat is modified to be a solo unit ala 60's Brit bike.I am now ready to begin on the engine. Wiseco used to make a piston kit for this bike but don't anymore. Any other engine or carb mods are a mystery to me and I am looking for advice.........HELP!!!!

Check out my website for my 750 Cafe racer, maybe you would like it or get some ideas.

Comment

I saw a rearseat that is made for older suzuki's at hotwingglass.com they have some really cool ideas for cafe racer builds.

Comment

This post was/is over six years old!!
        1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

Comment

oops sorry I wasnt looking at the dates..

Comment

Working...
          X