Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS1150 handle bar adjustments - Up&Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150 handle bar adjustments - Up&Back?

Has anyone had success with handle bar extensions?
    My wrap around fairing makes it hard to change the position and angle of the bars. Is there a kit or trick that can move the bars back and up?

Not to the best of my knowledge , the only way I have ever heard of has been trial and error. Keep us informed please, especially if sucessful.
    Dink

Comment

Thanks, I had some minor success - one supplier said to have separate brackets made at a mechanical shop - another said I might be able to switch left and right - I still haven't decided yet.

Comment

GS 1150 handlebar adjustment.

Just get rid of them and install a pair from 84 - 86 GSX 550 E.
        I did and am really happy about the change. Besides it`s a bolt on operation.
        Adam M.

Comment

If I understood your question correct..

To the GS 1150 there are three different handlebars delivered, one set for the ES and EF models with a riding position leaning more front.

To the E model there are two different handlebars one called flat, and another one for a more upright sitting position.

Then I converted my EF model to an E model I bought new "flat" type handlebars as spare and have now a more upright riding position.

Comment

Thanks for the tips - I have looked locally for these items at salvage yards, but cannot locate a pair.
            I may have to order them direct from Suzuki.
            I have seen and measured an E Bar and I believe they still may hit the upper fairing.
            Any other tips?

Comment

Darn, I hate toi be so forgetful. About a year ago there was an 1150 advertised on www.cycletrader.com that had a set of aftermarket, three way adjustable bars, I have beat my brains trying to remember the brand name, but guess I just can't remember. sorry

Comment

Working...
              X