Removing the stator cover tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing the stator cover tip

i know you all have a hard time removing the stator cover because of the magnetic field so here is an extremely easy way to remove and all you need is jumper cables. wrap the jumper cables all the way around the cover and connect one jumper, say the red, and attach it to both terminals. that jumper cables disrupt the magnetic field of the stator inside and the cover pops right off.

Interesting... 8O

Could you be a little more specific of your method?

Comment

whats not specific enuf?

Comment

I have to say that I am a little confused with this also... are you saying take one end of a jumper cable to the Positive terminal of the battery and the other end to ground? That is a direct short and will weld stuff together. Also, it would be the current flow that created the counter EMF...How do you know that you are wrapping it in the correct direction?

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
          I have to say that I am a little confused with this also... are you saying take one end of a jumper cable to the Positive terminal of the battery and the other end to ground? That is a direct short and will weld stuff together. Also, it would be the current flow that created the counter EMF...How do you know that you are wrapping it in the correct direction?

Hap
          He said to connect both ends of the cable to the same terminal --what purpose could connecting both ends to either battery terminal accomplish??? you could connect both terminals to your foot and get the same results. This is why KZ would like you to be more specific. Are you saying that wrapping any coil of wire around the housing would interrupt the magnetic field enough to allow the cover to come off easily. please clarify -it could b a good idea if it works.
          Thanks

Comment

I think he's saying to attach one of the clamps to the other two at the other end of the cable set. Since the magnet is on the crank I'm not sure how this would help. I guess if it worked for him there must be some truth to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
              I think he's saying to attach one of the clamps to the other two at the other end of the cable set. Since the magnet is on the crank I'm not sure how this would help. I guess if it worked for him there must be some truth to it.
              My next question is --if the magnetic field is not building and colapsing would it really make any diference if the ends of the wire were connected or not??? Or could it be that if any metal object was placed into the lines of flux to interupt them then the field would weaken?? I hope i said it properly 8O

Comment

Hi ice109,

The reason why I asked you to be more specific is because I was not sure if your post was a joke or not.

If I read your intructions I can't see how this will work, hoever from a theoretical point of view it could be possible that if you connect the stator to a power supply, i.e the battery, that the stator generate a magnetic field strong enough to plunge out the cover.

So does it really work or not? 8O

As Scotty wrote, if it works it could be a good idea.

Comment

[quote]wrap the jumper cables all the way around the cover and connect one jumper, say the red, and attach it to both terminals

doesnt make sense, ya cant attach one jumper to both terminals 8O

Comment

[quote="rick romero"]
                    wrap the jumper cables all the way around the cover and connect one jumper, say the red, and attach it to both terminals

doesnt make sense, ya cant attach one jumper to both terminals 8O
                    boom?????

Comment

First I had trouble following ice109's post, and now I also have problem to understand Rick Romero's post (Rick's posts are normally not confusing).

Tihis thread is getting more and more confusing. :? :? :?

I think I will have to dismount my statorcovers the normal way even in the future...... :roll:

Comment

Dont feel bad karl, I dont understand it either. Hap's post does make sense to me, but I dont think I want to weld anything. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by kz
                        First I had trouble following ice109's post, and now I also have problem to understand Rick Romero's post (Rick's posts are normally not confusing).

Tihis thread is getting more and more confusing. :? :? :?

I think I will have to dismount my statorcovers the normal way even in the future...... :roll:
                        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I'm thinking he's talking about attaching the jumper leads to the stator leads, not the battery terminals

Comment

ICE109
                            How about straightening us out. after all you have the wheels turning for allof us

Comment

Yep Scotty, I was thinking today that if you could create a repulsing magnetic field, the cover should "pop" right off. But I'm wondering how to create an electro magnet using aluminium. ????

Earl

Originally posted by slopoke
                              ICE109
                              How about straightening us out. after all you have the wheels turning for allof us
                              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                              X