Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceramic Coating----avail. in Black?

Hi Guys,
    Anyone know if ceramic coating can be done in black? My black headers/muffler are greying a bit... I have only seen pics. of the silver-finish c.coating on the net. Anyone tried it with the GS? I understand they cut down the amount of heat radiated from the headers, in addition to looking good.
    Thanks,
    Tony.
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Hey Billy,
      Thanks!
      Tony.
      '82 GS1100E

Comment

Jet Hot can also do Red and Blue afaik. I was going to get my trucks header done in blue to somewhat match the paint.

-=Whittey=-

Comment

Originally posted by Whittey
          Jet Hot can also do Red and Blue afaik. I was going to get my trucks header done in blue to somewhat match the paint.

-=Whittey=-
          Thanks Whittey! I checked out their site last night....unfortunately they don't have a branch up here in Canada.....I hear their prices are also quite high (good quality product though).....it would be prohibitive for me after adding shipping back & forth across the border, etc., esp. considering the shape of the Canadian Peso lately!
          Thanks anyway!
          Tony.
          '82 GS1100E

Comment

Tony,
            If you look in the technical forum you will find this post http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...pic.php?t=5197.

Take a look in there and you will find a couple of places that will do the job in Southern Ontario.

Roman.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman
              Tony,
              If you look in the technical forum you will find this post http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...pic.php?t=5197.

Take a look in there and you will find a couple of places that will do the job in Southern Ontario.

Roman.
              Hey Roman,
              Thanks a lot...its strange, I came across the Fireball site this evening while doing more research on the subject. I also came across Datec Coating (not sure of the url; check it out through Google search)...they are located in Milton & claim to have cost effective product thats easily applied & rival the quality of the more expensive stuff available.....I am begining to wonder if its not better to find a local paint shop that will shoot the pipes with Datec or Cermachrome, which will probably save a few $$...I suppose we will have to prep the headers with sandblasting or somethng ourselves, before bringing it to them though.
              Anyway thanks, & do let me know how you make out!
              '82 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
              X