Temp gas tank for sink or carb work for $2.99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp gas tank for sink or carb work for $2.99

I found when i sink the carbs that one of those big plastic funnells that has a cap on both ends works great .hook a clear fueline up to your carbs and to the bottom of funel ( dont forget to hose clamp the fuel line to the funnell) so you can see if it runs dry, un screw the top cover ,wire tie it to your handlebars add gas ,put cover on and your ready to go for $2.99 They are available at most parts stores. you will get about ten minutes run time with each fueling. You might have to put a tiny hole in cover for venting or un screw cover till it is a little loose

I'm going to look for one whatever it is--"one of those big plastic funnells that has a cap on both ends"

Comment

Its called "The clean funnell" and its made by Legacy. The part no. is CF-415 and The company adress is 1201 9th st SW cedar rapids, IA 52404

Comment

thanks

Comment

I use a small 1 gallon plastic gas can. I hook the fuel line on the vent side and it works just fine.

Comment

Jay, Thank You. I have been fighting and inventing ways to sync carbs with usable gas vessel. I just tried your idea about the vent tube on gas can. My can now has a hose clamped on it and it is designated for this purpose ONLY. EXCELLENT. I was going to try the funnel idea but I'm so happy with this I won't look any further.

Comment

2 years ago a buddy with a Kaw Concourse was syncing his carbs and asked my wife for a bag of saline so he could use it as a fuel container. He had a gallon gas can sitting right there and in fact was going to transfer the gas in it into the bag so he could do his carbs. I let him mess with it for over an hour and then hooked the fuel line to the gas can so we could get on with it. He's a Harley guy so I let him think that he knew it all before I helped him out. He did the same thing trying to make a shock adjustment tool. I used a peice of 3/8 rods and ground the tip down till it fit the hole and adjusted his shocks for him. Wont those Harley guys ever learn.

Comment

2 weekends ago I spent several hours rigging something up for this purpose. It worked and only leaked a little, but what a pain. I only wish this would have come up earlier, I would have had several more hours available for other things. This is truly ingenious.

Comment

Fuel tank

I always use an old CCI two stroke oil tank it really works great!

Comment

That funnel idea is great! Never wud a thunk it. Got one of them too...somewhere !

Comment

Does all of this work fine without a petcock?

Does this work fine with no petcock? Do I just hook up the fuel line directly to the source and dont wory about the vacume line? Or do I have to cap the vacume line?

I love that bit about Jay messing with his friends head.

Comment

I bought 3 feet of fuel and vacuum line and two fittings. I take the tank off, set it on two sawhorses beside the bike, connect the hoses to the petcock and then to the original fuel/vacuum lines off the carbs and proceed to sync the carbs.

Also a pretty cheap solution since the tank has to come off anyway.

Comment

Working...
                        X