Anyone running a V&H pro drag exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running a V&H pro drag exhaust?

Is anyone running the v&h pro drag exhaust on the street? What kind of cornering clearanc do you have? Is it way to loud for the street?

_M

I had them on on a KZ900 that I once owned. Cornering clearance on the exhaust (right) side was not too good. I could scrape 'em whenever I wanted. It actually caused a buddy to go off the road once looking over his shoulder to see what was happening - he thought I was going down I guess. It was at low speeds so no harm.

They were pretty noisy. But that was ok with me then. Too loud for me now.

Comment

I think that pipe is the same as the Star racing pro stock spyder--does it look like a bowl of fat spagetti?? If thats the case, I run it all the time and wide open. But if you like twisties thern its not for you unless you modify the bend where it attaches to the megaphone and dont forget to read your plugs . Re jetting and air intake mods will be necessary. Its not just a noisemaker and in my case, I have found that for something that is not chrome plated it draws gobs of attention from folks who are into performance.

Comment

I think its the same one thats on star. Its on denniskirk, One more question about the exhaust. Its for a '80 gs750E my bike is a '79 gs750. Will it fit? I dont see why it wouldnt, they use the same chassis the only difference is the wheels and brakes right? If it will fit ill order it soon along with the pod filters.

_M

Comment

Should fit any of the pre '83 750's just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ChechenHazat
            I think its the same one thats on star. Its on denniskirk, One more question about the exhaust. Its for a '80 gs750E my bike is a '79 gs750. Will it fit? I dont see why it wouldnt, they use the same chassis the only difference is the wheels and brakes right? If it will fit ill order it soon along with the pod filters.

_M
            get some larger main jets also Ask someone with a 750 what is a good size to start with- my first guess will be about 15% larger --ill guess that the idle circuit can be left alone and the mid range needles may need to come up a hair--sometimes they dont.

hey watch out on my 1100e the spyder pipe would not clear the fender or wheel--I had to bob the fender and put a smaller wheel on the front. here is a link to a photo of my bike.
            Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

The 80 GS750 and the 79 GS750 should be 2 completely different bikes (4 valve vs 2 valve), so the exhaust should not be the same from what I remember.

Comment

I never thought of that. Even though it is a 16v vs. the 8v. The actual bends and dimensions should be the same right?

Comment

The V&H pipe appears to come in a whole bunch of pieces and is held together with springs. I would expect you to be able to get enough play with this to have a more upswept canister. As for the front wheel...these pipes are designed for a particular drag racing chasis with a GS1100 engine. They are not designed for the GS1100 bike. :x

Steve

Comment

The Star pipe is basically the same as the V&H. If fits all 1100/1150's and pre '83 750's. '83 and up 700/750's had smaller exhaust ports. All GS1000-1150's have the same carb spacing, 77-93-77, so exhaust port spacing should also be the same. You can also use carbs set-up for KZ's on GS models.

Comment

So whats the final verdict? Will this system fit my bike? Im going to order it tomorrow if it works.

Comment

Originally posted by ChechenHazat
                        So whats the final verdict? Will this system fit my bike? Im going to order it tomorrow if it works.
                        Why dont you call the vendor and ask. Sometimes theyactually know something

Comment

Working...
                        X