The war against pop ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The war against pop ups

This link contains a freeware down load for a utility called PopupVanish--It seems to be working. It will sometimes block a popup that you want such as a question and answer window on ebay.. But there is an option which adds these items to a safe list--please let me know if you like it or if you are using it already then I will surely appreciate any tips or information.
    Thanks.
    I JUST SENT THE LINKS TO EVERYONE I EVER CONTACTED BY EMAIL

Here's another free one sent to me by Rick

also http://download.com.com/3000-2366-10...l?tag=lst-0-11

and http://download.com.com/3000-2366-10...l?tag=lst-0-14

i guess that's enough of them

My shafty GS doesn't do popups. I guess it's different for you chain drive guys.

Kim

Comment

Originally posted by kkmiller
      My shafty GS doesn't do popups. I guess it's different for you chain drive guys.

Kim
      I never do them either Kim- I use a controlled launch

Comment

another really good one is Popup Stopper by Panicware. It is freeware that you can get from www.panicware.com

Comment

But what if I don't want to block my Pop up Headlight Katana

Comment

Michael,
            Just finished installing Popup Stopper. Works great, thanks for posting that link.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
              Michael,
              Just finished installing Popup Stopper. Works great, thanks for posting that link.
              Bill, The only thing i have found with the pop up software is that when i am opening yahoo Geocities or browsing a site that uses pop ups for necessary functions, I must select "disable" while i am working those sites.

Comment

try Stop the pop....works great

Comment

" I must select "disable" while i am working those sites"
                  Just left-click on the red X to dis-able it and left click on the icon to re-enable it

Comment

Slopoke,
                    Thanks for the heads up on this "anti-popup"

I've been using it for a few weeks/month now and really like it.
                    Simple to use, easy to install.
                    Not a Microsoft product!

Thanks again

Keith
                    Keith
                    -------------------------------------------
                    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

This is one I've been using for about six months, works great and you can pick the ones you want to stop. Great for the sites that have the pop ups you need. It's called Noads and here is the link.

Gerry

Comment

I use the panicware system that Michael mentions. To allow a window to pop-up all you have to do is press your Control button then press the link. It will disable the pop-up stopper for as long as you hold the control button but will automaticaly start working again as soon as you release it stopping any futher pop-ups. On the same topic as this, anyone using any (free)software to stop banners.??

Comment

Originally posted by joed
                          I use the panicware system that Michael mentions. To allow a window to pop-up all you have to do is press your Control button then press the link. It will disable the pop-up stopper for as long as you hold the control button but will automaticaly start working again as soon as you release it stopping any futher pop-ups. On the same topic as this, anyone using any (free)software to stop banners.??
                          yep, I like this much better. Thanks Michael

I don't use anything or know of anything for the banners but what about that spy ware? I have been using Ad-aware 6.0 and Spybot search and destroy. This stuff has been removing tons of crap from my pc. Any opinions on this software?

Gerry

Comment

I've been using Free Surfer mk II for quite awhile now and 95% of the popups get squished before they have a chance to live.

Comment

Pop-Up Stopper by Panicware has been working great for me. I paid about $10 US at WA Costco. I'd pay 5x that if I had to do it again.

Comment

Working...
                              X