Hiding that ugly lighthouse beacon of a headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding that ugly lighthouse beacon of a headlight

I own an 1150 es and the only bad thing I hear about its apppearence is its huge headlight.
    I work in plastics and got a hold of some tinted (gray) 20mil clear polycarbonate I cut a circle in the diameter of the headlight and glued three layers of it together till I got the desired tint. I fastened it to my fairing with velcro and at night I remove it and tuck it behind the windshield (also tinted dark) with the velcro.
    I ran out of season before I got to test the fastening system really well,but it stayed on up to 120 and I think it will work fine. This only took me ten minutes to make and if there is interest from fellow gsr's I might make some more. I dont think any body is still manufacturing these any more, if someone is let me know.
    The improvement in looks is outstanding and If I get my digital camera for x-mas Ill post a picture of my bike with it on

Well??? Skip did you post it? You got me curious!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Falke
      sorry michael, No camera yet, however a new gs'r who has posted on the resources " Shue" has promised to take some pictures of my bike with his 5 megapixel camera and post them for me. Shue is in vegas this week but we plan on getting together when he gets back. shue is in the proscess of restoring a mint gs850 e and will probably post pictures of his bike too,Its mint!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Falke
        here is a link of what it looks like with the cover http://groups.msn.com/SuzukiGSGarage...msnw?Page=Last I can make those very cheap if any body is interested.

Comment

Why cover it up?

The huge headlight on the 1150 is what gives it it's personality, It strikes fear into the hearts the on coming winnie bikes!!
          I love the headlight on my 1150 - I say let it Shine !!! the bigger the better !!!
          Nothing looks worse than all of those new bikes with one headlight on and the other off ? what up with that ?

Comment

Why cover it up?

The huge headlight on the 1150 is what gives it it's personality, It strikes fear into the hearts the on coming winnie bikes!!
            I love the headlight on my 1150 - I say let it Shine !!! the bigger the better !!!
            Nothing looks worse than all of those new bikes with one headlight on and the other off ? what up with that ?

Comment

Working...
            X