Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let me simulate that new paint job first..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me simulate that new paint job first..

(Not sure if this is the right place to put this..but this area seems to be the closest)

Hello, I have an neat Idea iv cooked up, Well at least I think so..Anyone out there planning on repainting your bike? I have an experimental procedure Iv tried a few times where using a computer graphics editing
    program ,some skill and luck I have been able to simulate what a bike would look like with a new paint job of a given color. I got into computer graphics as a hobby long before I got into bikes, I still like do
    mess with computer graphics off and on. If you are considering re-painting your machine I could try a simulation for you..Of course this isn't an exact science, so think of it as more of a preview just to
    give you the general Idea. So If anyone is interested, reply to this topic and we will take it from there Note: I probably will only do a few of these, if that many. So its first come first served, So if I cant do
    a simulation for you its nothing personal. (I don't really expect a large response anyway) I would need A high resolution picture of your bike , and also a picture of a sample piece of something with the color
    your considering using (preferably under the same lighting conditions would be ideal). what you will get after im
    finished Is a graphics file in your e-mail of a simulated paint job in your color choice (before hand specify what parts are to be painted what color). Now please note!!, I'm not a professional so this
    simulation is likely not to be really accurate, its more for fun than anything else. (yeah its cold outside and im bored!) so..if anyone is interested please reply to this message (No E-mails yet please!!)
    and we'll work out the details.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I want to repaint the rims on my bike and have three different colors I chose from.

I don't know if I should repaint the calipers and the posi damp unit as well.

The rims, calipers and posi-damp units are in "gold" now.

The colors I am thinking of is:

Black Suzuki stock rim color (don't know the number), think it is the same black as the engine (otherwise i have to ask Axel, he told me that Suzuki has black stock rims.

If you look at the picture the tank has a gray triangle in the front, that?s an other option.

The frame on the bike is painted in silver, that?s on other option.

If you want to repaint the bikes rims and a second pic even the calipers for me in the computer I would appreciate that (if it's possible with the pic I have).

The best picture I have is a high res jpg http://karl.zellner.com/Suzuki%20GS1150E%201984.jpg

If the result in your opinion is not good enough I still want to have a look.

It is the part that has the gold color i want to repaint, not the crome part of the rim.

Comment

done

Karl, I have the paint simulations done. The black im guessing looks the most realestic silver and gray are hard to simulate because of the way that silver reflects so much, but all in all there not to bad for a rough idea.
      would be cool to see it after you realy do it to see how it looks as compaired to the simulation.

Comment

Re: done

Originally posted by Jeffury
        Karl, I have the paint simulations done. The black im guessing looks the most realestic silver and gray are hard to simulate because of the way that silver reflects so much, but all in all there not to bad for a rough idea.
        would be cool to see it after you realy do it to see how it looks as compaired to the simulation.
        Hi Jeff, back home again I sent a reply to your mail.

Karl

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Jeff,

Now then I see the pics, I don't think of the grey or silver choise any more.

Your simulation looks real realistic.

I will go for the black color, send you a picture then finished in springtime.

Karl

Comment

Working...
          X