Making a 750 dragbike need suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a 750 dragbike need suggestions.

Ok ive decided that i want to make a strip/street bike out of my '79 750. I was originally thinking of going with a 1100 but i think im going to stick with my 750. For the straight cuts and the kick start. This is what I plan on doing, any suggestions?

Mikuni rs34 carbs. To big?
    Individual pods
    V&H street megaphone. Is this to restrictive for this set-up?

Match port head, Mill head for 11.5:1 compression, three angle valve job, rebuild, Manual cam chain tensioner, HD valve springs, Mild cams.

Remove starter, flywheel. Is it possible to remove the flywheel without major mods?

GSXR rear wheel, 530 chain conversion. What offset will the front sprocket need to be 5/8"? Can you put a GSXR wheel on the gs swing arm?

Any tips appreciated.

_M

drag bike

The best thing I could tell you, is to go to the tech section, or do a search, but we covered the exact same deal on Nasty's 750 for a cheap dragbike. The post was called "building a cheap dragbike".

Just wanted to throw that at you to read so we don't repeat the same process. I have a GS1100 dragbike, and may be picking up a 750 to make into my street and back up strip bike, and will be using alot of the same stuff as we talked about in the other post. Need something reliable for the street, and back up for when my 1100 blows (again!).

Good luck.

Comment

watch yourself on milling the heads. You may be asking too much

Comment

Hi, I'm Nasty and just want to add my 2 cents worth. These guys gave me great advise on building my 750. I'm still in the process of doing just that and hope to have it ready for the summer.
        I think Slopoke is right about the head. About .20 thou. is all you can safely go. That should give you 10 or 10.5 to 1. As far as the carbs go, I'm sticking with my stockers initially to see what the result will be. Feel free to P.M. me if I can help at all.

nasty
        Paul Jones

Comment

Do you think i should avoid cams on a street bike. I want it to be quick but also reliable. I know those two generally dont go together.
          I was looking at the web cams. #70-061 cam.

Has. .395 Lift, 284 duration, 256 duration @ .050 degrees.

Any comments on this cam?

Comment

You can still do a mild cam set up, and be reliable. You can run low 12's and still have a reliable 750 street bike. I had a KZ750 kawasaki that ran 11s, kick start only, and was awesome on the street and NEVER let me down.

Comment

Working...
            X