• Show
Clear All

How quick is your GS

My best run 9.72@ 142mph with a 1.59 60 footer wanna race

No.

Comment

Me neither.

Comment

You can get to the top speed of my 1100 in less than 10? What do you figure the stock time would be? I'm having trouble visuallizing just how fast that is.

Steve

Comment

My best was 9.90@149 The short time(60ft) was 1.69 And it was the stock chassie and swingarm with a 130 tire. is that swingarm extended on your bike? Your 60ft time makes me think so. What did you run for a tire?
          My bike is making enough horsepower to race you but i dont think I have the chassie and tire to beat you.

Comment

My bike is so fast that the police pull me over all the time just to make sure I don't break the sound barrier 8)
            GY

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
              You can get to the top speed of my 1100 in less than 10? What do you figure the stock time would be? I'm having trouble visuallizing just how fast that is.

Steve
              That is quite a claim- maybe your watch has sand in it

Comment

Skip,
                Yes it is extended 2 inches and I run a 170/60/17 dunlop 207ZR tire on a 5.5 inch rim the et I posted was on the motor only the 1.59 60 footers are soft launches with a slider clutch. Your mph with that time leads me to belive you were spraying the NOS now wasen't ya. What size jets you running and what gear did you turn it on. I have the majic button also.I haven't used it on this bike yet but it's tuned for an extra 90 hp #26nos  fuel at 5.5lbs of pressure can't wait to try it out it should allow me to go mabey some 8.90's I hope

Hey Steve, Skip and I could out run your bike with one plug wire off

Slowpoke, you have done some mods to your bike what does she run and there is no sand in the clocks at Bradenton

Come on guys lets hear some braggen I know there is more racers out there

Hey Gerryy, I never get pulled over I even have safe driver stamped on my drivers license. I love liven in Florida

Comment

stetracer,
                  guilty as charged! I was spraying the bike and the kit I use is very small . Its the old style (not fogger nozzels) and the jets are only size size 20 and 22. I wish I had your swing arm and tire because I normally cant spray till 3rd gear. In that pass that I posted, I was desperate to beat a friend of mine and srayed second gear and for some reason I cant explain, it stuck. Normally when I spray second gear It either smokes the rear tire or snap wheelies and I end up having to change my underwear. What are you runing for motor mods and what was your rider/bike weight combo? Mine was 750lbs. On the motor only the best et was10.30@ 136

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryy
                    My bike is so fast that the police pull me over all the time just to make sure I don't break the sound barrier 8)
                    GY
                    When I find myself in this situation I just jump up to the speed of light and travel time. Then I come back by the officer at the posted speed limit .

Comment

Originally posted by stetracer
                      Come on guys lets hear some braggen I know there is more racers out there
                      Not a racer, but I did run my stock gs7/1100L a few years back for grins at an 1/8 mile track with times around 7.3 @ 98mph. I Think with some practice I could have run <7 @ 100+.

Comment

Skip,
                        I have done a lot of mods to this bike I will start with the motor top to bottom I used the 410 lift intake cam and the 380 lift exhaust with over sized valves 29.5mm intake 25mm exhaust bronze guilds with pro valve springs and titanium retainers and took .100 off the head and extensive head porting with expoxied floors 1198cc flat top pistons from Wisco heavy duty cylinder & case studs 38mm RS carbs all flowing out a Murry spider pipe the crank is welded and tranny is under cut with heavy duty out put shaft and solid billet clutch basket ( I use a slider clutch when I race it) Dana ignition and coils The chassis I used a 1986 GSXR750 front end and a Storz tree clamp to hold a pair of K&N superbike bars. 3 inch Extended and widen the stock swingarm to put a 5.5 inch rear wheel I got from a kawy zx1100 GSXR 750 rear shock switch to 530 chain set up a MRE electric over air shifter and shift light the bike weighs 475lbs with a full tank of fuel 675lbs with me on it and produces around 155hp at the rear wheel and a best run of 1/4 mile in 9.72@ 142mph with my fat azz and still rode all around Daytona Beach with the wife on the back on it at bike week
                        wish I had put straight cut gears on it though no problems yet I check the clutch basket often I do all my own work except fot the welding to the swingarm and crank my buddy Carl at C&W Cycleworks in Fort Myrers, Fl. helped me alot with the welding machine work and parts thier straight up folks

Comment

IM NOT THE ENVIOUS TYPE BUT I REALLY LIKE THAT BIKE OF YOURS

Comment

Can I have some of your leftover bits

Comment

Originally posted by pjackson
                              Originally posted by Gerryy
                              GY
                              When I find myself in this situation I just jump up to the speed of light and travel time. Then I come back by the officer at the posted speed limit .
                              Yea, I tried that once but screwed up on reentry and then rearended myself over and over and over again!!!
                              8) 8) GY

Comment

Working...
                              X