Replacement bolts for engine covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement bolts for engine covers

I'm trying to find a source for some replacement bolts. Found several for allen head bolts but I'd like to stay with the type that is on there now, 8 mm head, slightly convex top, with the "built-in" washer. Heads appear to be cromed (don't think they're stainless).
    A lot of mine are pretty ratty and getting them replated would probably be more expensive then replacements.

engine cover bolts

PJ, you can still get the shouldered bolts for your engine covers from Suzuki. I just bought some for my 1100E's ignition cover. Be forewarned though, they are spendy. 3 little M5x30 bolts cost me $3 apiece. Then I had to pay $6 shipping on top of that. Talk about a hose job. However if that's what you really want, they are available.
    Doze.

Comment

Around here we have places that specialize in nut's and bolts, that's all they do is fasteners. Check for something like that in your area. There is one place called "fastenal" www.fastenal.com they might have what you need.

Comment

Hi PJ,
        You looking for "Flange Head bolts"
        I have a supply of them in "stainless" if you need them and shipping is only a buck or two depending on qty.

Comment

If anybody goes out and buys a set please post the dimensions and grade of steel. I will be replacing all of the ones in my 1100 this summer. Oh yeah, are there any internal phillips bolts I don't know about other than in the stator?

Thanks, Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
            If anybody goes out and buys a set please post the dimensions and grade of steel. I will be replacing all of the ones in my 1100 this summer. Oh yeah, are there any internal phillips bolts I don't know about other than in the stator?

Thanks, Steve
            The various brackets to hold the transmission and shifting mechanisms in place use countersunk phillips head screws.
            Also (at least on mine, but someone has been in their before) the oil pickup has phillips head screws. One of mine was an allen head. I don't know which ones were original but I like the idea of the allen head better so I'm replacing the phillips heads with allen heads.

Comment

I'm partial to allen head also. They look trick and work like a champ.

Comment

Steve,

I can get almost anything, anysize.
                18-8 and 316 Stainless, alum, steeel, nickel, and am working on supply of chrome heads for those special applications.
                Allen, Hex, Pan, oval, phillips etc.
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy
                  Steve,

18-8 and 316 Stainless, alum, steeel, nickel, and am working on supply of chrome heads for those special applications.
                  Bob
                  Bob,
                  Any chance you can get some of these bolts? http://members.tccoa.com/jaybird/matt/bike/ They are the valve cover bolts off an 83 GS 750E. There are 8 of the stubby ones and 2 of the taller ones.

I know Suzuki still makes them, but the idea of paying $3.80 per bolt doesn't appeal to me 8O . All I want now ones for is because the ones I have look like crap. 8O

Comment

Matt,
                    I will ask about these bolts and let you know
                    Bob

Comment

Steve,

Bob
                      Bob,
                      You have a picture of the flanged head bolts? The ones on my 1100 have a slightly convex top. I've found "regular" head bolts with the raised outside edge but thats not what I'm looking for.
                      Do you know I mean by the convex top or do you need a picture?

Pete

Comment

I think I know, usually chome heads, send me a pic

Comment

I think I know, usually chome heads, send me a pic
                          I'll need an e-mail address to do that.

Comment

Working...
                          X