gs850g exhaust predicament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have an 83 GS850G that needs the exhaust system changed. i have found a few possibilities, like MAC, Jardine, Vance & Hines, but none have a full system for an '83. i was wondering if other years(80 or 81) exhaust systems would actually fit an '83. or even if a system for a GS1000 might even fit.

The 1982 and 1983 GS850G and GS1100G are practically identical when it comes to parts. The earlier 850's stock exhaust will not fit your 83; it may after much coaxing, but it won't be a ready-fit type of thing. The GS1000G stock exhaust will interchange nicely with the earlier 850's (80 and 81), but not with the later 850's and 1100's.

I had a Vance and Hines 4-into-1 unit on my second 1982 GS850G, and it worked just fine. A bit louder than I would've liked, but still civilized enough. I prefer the stock exhaust, but this is getting hard to find for all GS bikes.

I've seen many stock exhaust systems advertised on eBay. Go to eBay and search under "Suzuki GS".

Nick

Comment

I found that the MOTAD 4 into 1 pattern exhaust worked very well for my '79 850G. Cost about ?190, fitted easily and has stayed on without any attention for the last 10k miles. No popping on over-run and doesn't seem to need any adjustment of the carbs.

Comment

Working...
      X