Rearsets for 82 1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rearsets for 82 1100e

Anyone running rearsets on an 1100? Where did you get them? How much? I was thinking od building my own set - 4 inches straight back. Has anyone built their own?

Try here:

Good site. I never had rear sets myself but had always played with the idea on my 83 GS1100E, Good luck. 8)
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Gixxer rearsets will give you just about that much distance back. You have to cut off the old peg mounts and weld plates to the frame to bolt the rearsets to and you do lose the passenger pegs. The set I'm using have about 12" of shifter linkage and if you don't have clearance above the shifter shaft on the motor the linkage has to be flipped under the shaft giving you an upside down, racer style, shift pattern. That actually gives you more positive upshifts.

Comment

Actaully I was planning on the reverse shift pattern, and I'm not worried about passenger pegs as this is primarily a drag bike, with the occasional street ride.

Thanks guy's

Comment

rearsets

raask rearsets are nice but outrageously expensive. I made my own .Not difficult but does require acess to basic machine shop equipment.I cut out a shape of 1/2" aluminium plate with the stock peg braket bolt hole spacing drilled . Made my own pegs out of round aluminium stock ,knurled it and bolted them on to the rear and up from the stock position. Next was the shifter lever and a bracket for the shift shaft and a rod with two tierod ends in between. Not difficult but a little time consuming , but a hole lot cheaper

Comment

I saw on ebal a few weeks ago there was a guy selling a set of direct bolt on rearsets for a GS 1100. I think they were a NOS aftermarket replacement.

Comment

Is there anyway to go to a reverse shift pattern without rearsets?

Comment

I would say only if you have a shift linkage and the lever is not directly on the transmission shaft. Or if you had enough room to use a really short lever and bolt it on facing towards your foot, but that would probably be awkward.

Comment

Working...
                X