removing emblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing emblems

what is the best way to remove the emblems off the plastic panels w/o ruining the paint on the plastic?

If memoryu serves, I think you can take them off with a heat gun. Just don't melt anything.

Comment

If they are the rigid/badge type attached with foam pads or contact adhesive, I found that dental floss was very effective. Get a long piece, loop it around a couple of screwdriver handles and then gently saw down behind the badge. The dental floss cuts through the glue without damaging either the badge or the paintwork.

Comment

I just removed a sticker from my side panel which had been there for years and it left glue where the sticker had been. I was going to use a heat gun but I'm a nervous coward. We use a product at work called GOO GONE to remove old glue from labels so I tried it on the side cover and it worked perfectly and did not harm the plastic or paint at all. GOOD STUFF,

Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Si
          If they are the rigid/badge type attached with foam pads or contact adhesive, I found that dental floss was very effective. Get a long piece, loop it around a couple of screwdriver handles and then gently saw down behind the badge. The dental floss cuts through the glue without damaging either the badge or the paintwork.
          Great idea. I'll have to tell my wife(Dental Hygenist) about another use for her most recommended product. "Dan where are you?" As I reply "out in the garage honey flossing my GS"

Comment

A little more info

Comment

I have used a diesel heated pressure washer to remove the decals off of a month old Honda. It worked well but we had to go back and use GooGone to remove the adhesive just like the previous article said. I've used googone on a 10 year old truck with cheap paint and it turned the rag the same colour as the truck.

Good luck, Steve

Comment

Working...
              X