4-1 exhaust for an '83 gs750es?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4-1 exhaust for an '83 gs750es?

does anyone know of a 4-1 exhaust for the 83 gs 750 es, i found one but it's still the megaphone style pipe. if there's one for a different bike that'll work for mine that'd be just as good.
    thats all for now,
    collin

V&H makes a good pipe for the 83's. But they are megaphone stye. BUT, if you want, the pipes from an 81 750 will fit if you grind them down a bit. If you find just a header seaction cheap, I have the rear section from an 81 that I am willing to part with.

Comment

thanks for the info matt, i'll look into that v&h system and the '81 pipes.
      Hows the 750 running for you?
      I just got mine at the end of this past season and didnt have it running in time, oh well there's always next spring.
      thanks again

Comment

Collin,
        I'm running a stainless Yosh Duplex system that was made for an early '90s air/oil cooled GSXR750. I don't remember exactly which year it was. Any of the air cooled models should fit close to the same. It fits pretty good except where the collector fits under the oil pan. It's a tight fit there but I've wrapped the collector with a heat shield meant for when you have to sweat copper next to anything that will burn. It keeps most of the heat from reaching the oil pan. It has a Yosh RS3 carbon fiber canister. The pipe is super light and has the aluminum exhaust spigots so the pipe is held to the head with springs. These exhaust run for about $800-1000 new and they aren't made for GS bikes anymore. You can pick one up off of Ebay probably for $250 with some patience. Since they are stainless they polish up great.

Comment

Originally posted by Collin
          thanks for the info matt, i'll look into that v&h system and the '81 pipes.
          Hows the 750 running for you?
          I just got mine at the end of this past season and didnt have it running in time, oh well there's always next spring.
          thanks again
          Mine isn;t running unfortunately. I bought it in Mid October and only got to take it down my street for a quick spin before bringing it inside. It was in sad shape when I got it and needed a lot of work. So far the forks have been rebuilt, the from calipers rebuilt (both were seized), the seat was recoverd, and the body parts are STILL out being painted 2002 Corvette C5 silver Oh, and the valve cover is off and being polished up.

I am really hoping everything will be done by the spring... but right now I can;t do much till I get all the body parts back. My buddy is taking his jolly old time with them too... he said they would be done in 4 days when I gave them to him... we are no going on to week 13.

Comment

One thing on the Yosh Duplex, it exits high so you most likely lose the passenger peg location. I can't say for sure because my pegs have been altered. If you want to keep your passenger peg you might need to go with a Yosh pipe other than the Duplex. You might even be able to have the midpipe rebent to clear the peg.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
              One thing on the Yosh Duplex, it exits high so you most likely lose the passenger peg location. I can't say for sure because my pegs have been altered. If you want to keep your passenger peg you might need to go with a Yosh pipe other than the Duplex. You might even be able to have the midpipe rebent to clear the peg.
              The V&H pipes allow you to keep all the pegs... but you will have to remove it to change the oil. But it only takes about 5 mins to remove it.

Comment

Matt,
                Hope you get yours running in time for spring, new paint should look good.
                How bad were the callipers? I'm about to start the front ones myself, they were seized up when i got the bike this november.
                I'm not doing any paint yet but but i will need to do something about the seat. oh well. I'm hoping to find some smaller signals and make some other small cosmetic mods, right now its all stock, white with red.
                Good luck,
                collin

Comment

Originally posted by Collin
                  Matt,
                  How bad were the callipers? I'm about to start the front ones myself, they were seized up when i got the bike this november.
                  Well, it took 2 people to push the bike. The calipers weren't that hard to rebuld and it wasn;t untill AFTER I took them appart that I found the problem. Appartently Suzuki doesn't like using caliper grease for the guide pins so all 4 pins were rusted in place. A little persuasion with a pair of pliers and they were all free. Took the books off, greased them up, and slid them back in. They move beautifully now. I would suggest you start there.

As for the paint... The only reason I had it done is because the tank was all spiderwebbed and had a big ass rust spot on it. The tail section was just faded really bad.

Comment

Thanks

Matt,
                    I hope to get going on the brakes tonight, we'll see if that actually happens.
                    thanks for the tip,
                    Collin
                    hopefully mine dont require to much more attention than yours did

Comment

Do you have a picture of your bike? It sounds really interesting.

Comment

Soon, I just finished some more of the things needed to make way for the GSX-R swingarm. I am going to pull the front end off to polish the fork lowers and wheel again. The pull the the rear wheel off and polish it and the swingarm. I need to polish a couple more motor cases and the rearsets then it will be ready for photographing. More important it's going to be ready to rip again.

Comment

Soon, I just finished some more of the things needed to make way for the GSX-R swingarm. I am going to pull the front end off to polish the fork lowers and wheel again. The pull the the rear wheel off and polish it and the swingarm. I need to polish a couple more motor cases and the rearsets sets then it will be ready for photographing. More important it's going to be ready to rip again.
                          Do you clearcoat after polishing? I am getting mixed opinions on wether or not to do it on my valve cover after polishing it.

Comment

Matt,
                            No clearcoat. It's easier to just repolish every so often. The trouble with clearcoat is the aluminum starts oxidizing under it. Most polishing compounds leave a little waxy residue that gives some protection.

Comment

gsxr swingarm?

Gsxr swing arm?... This intrigues me... tell me more.
                              seriously, how difficult of a swap out was that?
                              Would you happen to know if that would work on an 83 750?

Comment

Working...
                              X