How low can you go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How low can you go.

I have a gs750 that i want to lower the front and rear. This is going to be a street/strip bike so im going to try and lower it 2". Can i lower the front end two inches and still have clearance for the headers. The engine is out of the bike right now so i cant see for myself. If it makes a difference im going to run the v&h megaphone system.

Another question are there any gs's that have a 18" front wheel? This im assuming would help with clearance.

thanks-M
    '79 gs750

My 400 has 18s front and rear. I think my front is a 3 or a 3.5. My rear is a 3.5 or a 4.0. Beware of the single disk and rear drum...

Comment

yes you can lower the bike 2" on the front use a 2" spacer in the front under the dampening rod I like to use old outter valve springs as spacers. The gs450 came with a 1.65x18" single disk front wheel way less weight great for street/strip racing in the rear extend the swingarm moving the shock mounts back this will lower the rear and help the 60 foot time. (single disk) is the way to go unless you got a pocket full of money to spend on a nice light set of rotors every 15lbs you shave off the bike is a 10th of a second

Comment

If you can't find an 18" wheel easily, I've got a 19" single disk wheel with rotor, spacers, and bearings that i could part with real cheap. Its from an 82 GS750 T. If anyone reading wants the 17" rear drum wheel, I've got that too. These are taking up space in my garage. For the paltry price of shipping, you could get some new legs!

Comment

always take into consideration that a smaller front wheel will throw your speedo off

Comment

One of the benfits I always enjoyed when converting from 19" to 18" was the improved braking that resulted from the increased mechanical advantage. Very noticeable and always appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X