They're shooting at me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're shooting at me!

Hi there, I recently had a bit of a weird happening on my '83 gsx1100: the exhaust pipe did burst/explode with a very loud bang while driving through heavy traffic. Immediately cars pulled over and looked freigtened at me (those damn motorcyclists..) while showing fingers and all of that but making a completely empty road for me .
    Turns out: I forgot to turn down the choke and unburned fuel was collected in the exhaust pipe while braking on the engine, when I opened the throttle again... An explosion followed! This was a bit of a shock to me the first time, but now it's turned out to be a great way to make my way through traffic without using a horn (haven't got that one) !!:twisted:!!

Isn't biking fun?

So that was you!!! Thought world war 3 was breaking out
    Cool bike by the way and a nice website.

Comment

Great website and photos. I am glad another mad GS'er from the Netherlands has joined us. Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Waters
        Great website and photos. I am glad another mad GS'er from the Netherlands has joined us. Welcome.
        Don't you mean SCARED???

Comment

scared

I had a bit of the same thing happen to me. I was riding a 1979 GS550E.
          I pulled up to a stop light in a hurry. It back fired, sent 10 people at the bus stop diving for cover.

Comment

Happened to me when I started the bike in a pkg lot in uptown Sedona. It's a really ritzy, ritz area. The bike let out this BIG backfire, flames flew out the exhaust and a HUGE HUNK of carbon blew out all over the door of the white mercedes next to me. No damage, but half the door was black. The black spot must have been at least 2 feet in diameter. Happened last year.
            Best part was, the people had just gotten in the car, to drive away and must of thought it was a terrorist attack... You should have seen the horror-stricken looks on their faces. I wonder what they thought when later, they saw that black soot all over their door !!!

pmint

Comment

Simon, are there more 8O 8O

Comment

Originally posted by Peppermint Patti
                Happened to me when I started the bike in a pkg lot in uptown Sedona. It's a really ritzy, ritz area. The bike let out this BIG backfire, flames flew out the exhaust and a HUGE HUNK of carbon blew out all over the door of the white mercedes next to me. No damage, but half the door was black. The black spot must have been at least 2 feet in diameter. Happened last year.
                Best part was, the people had just gotten in the car, to drive away and must of thought it was a terrorist attack... You should have seen the horror-stricken looks on their faces. I wonder what they thought when later, they saw that black soot all over their door !!!

pmint
                "I see a red door
                and I wanted painted black..."

Rolling Stones

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Aurora

Simon, are there more 8O 8O
                  It would take much less time to list the one's that are not bonkers!

Comment

when we were young and a little out of control we used to take the 2 door v8 chev with side pipe past the local golf club. get up to 80-90 mph turn the key off for about 10 secs the turn it back on .it would launch a flame out about 6 foot long and scare the s*** out of a heap of golfers. we thought it was great laugh. another guy i know tried it after seeing us he did not realize we had straight through muffler. blew the end of his muffler about 50 yards into the golf course. ozman

Comment

Working...
                    X