CV Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV Carbs

Hey Suzuki dudes! I have CV carbs on my 750. I still have my stock box with a K&N inside. I have heard that my stock carbs like that box and that it won't run right if I try individual K&N's. Is that true? My bike is stock except for V&H 4-1 header. If they will work, can I expect to have to go to bigger jets or raise the needles..... Steve

You're right, the carbs like that ol' airbox... as long as they're stock themselves. Your bike won't run worth a s**t with individual filters with out fairly extensive re-jetting. I've installed a jet kit on my 1100 and it's really not hard, just time consuming. If your bike runs good the way it's set up now you may not even want to go the carb kit and pods route. It's worth it for some people but not to others. Driveability tends to be one of the problems I've heard most about and it usually takes alot of tinkering to get it "just right".

Comment

it is possible to get lots more air just by removing the air filter box and using ties to hold a stock k&n filter in place of the stock suzuki filter
      I have retained my air box and also replaced
      the rubber hose that connects the air filter to the air box with some tin vent pipe. i glued the vent pipe to the k&n filter with black permatex. Next i will open the intake hole in the air box to accept the larger diameter vent pipe and make a bushing to prevent it from sliding in too far. i still have stock 34mm carbs with oversizes mains and shimmed needles. next will come the 36mm semi flats if i ever get all the oil leaks fixed on both bikes. All the messing around was to get performance and still retain the air box. I also dont like to advertize my mods if it can be helped

Comment

Thanks guys..My bike seems to run Ok so as long as I have the stock carbs maybe I will leave well enough alone untill I can find some smooth bores. Any suggestions on what size would work or if it would make any difference on my stock bike?

Comment

Working...
        X