Turn Signal Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Signal Upgrade

I recently purchased a set of Lockhart turn signals. They are small, come in either amber or clear lens, and look 110% better than the flippers that came stock on our bikes. At less than $15 a set it's a bargain appearance mod.

Just don't use the real tiny ones in Delaware. They won't pass inspection.

Comment

The set i had ate bulbs like they were going out of style. Took them off and used a set of GSXR signals with the stalks cut down.
      Mike

Comment

I put on some aluminum mini stalk lights from White Bros. They come with a ''brushed aluminum'' finish and are all aluminum,not plastic. I took off the clearcoating with 000 fine steel wool and a little MEK. Then polished with Semi-chrome paste,to match my polished cases/wheels/f-tubes. Came out nice! Much cleaner looking than stockers. KK.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

can you give me a little more info on the turn signal manufacture (White Bros) i may like to buy some for myself
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

White Bros. Mini-Stalk signals.

Originally posted by first timer
            can you give me a little more info on the turn signal manufacture (White Bros) i may like to buy some for myself
            Sure can. I posted a topic in the 'appearance section':'Flash,new signals on my GS!' I even describe the installation,sorry if it's long winded,the installation may be diffrent for your bike. Phillips Lockhart makes some also that I believe are the same too. Click to my website and one picture shows a large view of my bike,maybe that will give you an idea how they look. KK.
            PS: They are on the web, try this: www.Whitebros.com
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

i still have no idea what you are refering to. is the "Appearance section" diffrent then the Appearance Mods section, i did a search for the topic "flash.....turn signal" like you wrote it but was unable to find what you are refering too. is this post you have done. a post that is in the forum, the thegsreasources web site or on a web site you are hosting. i do not know where to go to find that post. i would greatly appreaciate it if you have a url i could follow. as for white brother website. they are currently redoing the website and offer no products to view, did you order these turn siganl from white brothers directly or from a harley store or bike shop? thanks agian

ryan
              82 Kat 1000 Project
              05 CRF450x

Comment

Use the search button at the top of this page, small magnifing glass beside it. Type in FLASH as the key word, and APPEARANCE MODS from the drop down menu as the forum, you should find it then. If not give me a shout and I will talk you through it.

Comment

thank you,
                  82 Kat 1000 Project
                  05 CRF450x

Comment

Originally posted by first timer
                    i still have no idea what you are refering to. is the "Appearance section" diffrent then the Appearance Mods section, i did a search for the topic "flash.....turn signal" like you wrote it but was unable to find what you are refering too. is this post you have done. a post that is in the forum, the thegsreasources web site or on a web site you are hosting. i do not know where to go to find that post. i would greatly appreaciate it if you have a url i could follow. as for white brother website. they are currently redoing the website and offer no products to view, did you order these turn siganl from white brothers directly or from a harley store or bike shop? thanks agian

ryan
                    Right now you are in the 'appearance mod's' section. Your topic is at the top of the page. My old topic,'Flash' new signals for my GS! is lower down on the same page. Sorry to cause any confusion. If you still have trouble let me know and I will give you any info you need. And I ordered them through my local parts store. White Bros. part # 51-196 (amber lens,single filament,23 watt,1left and 1 right per pack,about $19). So were you able to see them on my website? KK.

Comment

i did see them but would really appreicate a head on view if them if you had time to snap a pic. other wise it was helpful to see them from the side to get an idea. your bike looks really good too.
                      82 Kat 1000 Project
                      05 CRF450x

Comment

Can't send a pic at this time. Too bad the White Bros. site is down. I tried the Lockhart Phillips site and for some reason they don't show them. But I finally found them at this site> http://www.heeters.com/temp.shtml
                        They are under : Universal mini marker lights, photo 'N', part#26-8042.
                        Scroll down to the last photo of several lights. KK.

Comment

Working...
                        X