Safety/Appearance Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safety/Appearance Mods

I thought I'd share the latest modifications I've made to my GS1100L. The inspiration, if not downright mimicry came from a website at www.webbikeworld.com
    What I've done is wired in a headlight modulator, wired to modulate my low beam during daylight hours, installed Tireflys, small lights that take the place of tire stem valve caps, and a chrome license plate frame that has an l.e.d. bar at the lower edge that is wired into the brake system such that when the brakes are applied, the bar flashes several times, then stays lit until the brakes are released.
    So far I'm very satisfied with these mods that hopefully make me more visible to cages, yet barely affect the stock appearance of my motorcycle.
    The only downside is that I've never seen another vehicle with the Tireflys installed, so I don't know what they look like at speed. Tonight I'm going to put her up on the center stand and drop it into 3rd or 4th gear, and see what they look like.
    Scott

This is the link that will take you to all that great LED lighting that Scott has posted.

Manufacturing Motorcycle Safety products in the USA for nearly 25 years!

Comment

Working...
    X