Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb help what size

HI
    Great site. I have a 82 GS1100EZ, what a greatbike. I have a 1260 kit,undercut trans, HD clutch basket, welded crank, 1150 big end, 4 into 1 exhaust that I run straight out,upper oiler for head, oil cooler and a stage 3 jet kit. NO, head work done yet and I have stock cams. Plan to have work done in the future. What is a good card size with the mods I have. Looking at 38 or 36 flat slides. Any info you can give me would be nice.

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

I assume that headwork is planned for this bike so I recommend the 38mm flatslides, the bike will run them even without headwork, especially when you consider the mods you have already done. the increased flow of the motor because of the exhaust mods will be used effectively by the 38mm ones, remembering that unless you replace the pod filters with one suitable to flatslides and rejet to stage three your current carb mods dont count for much. You will however get a significant increase in power and response just by fitting the flatslides, so I also recommend that you fit them and get them working on the bike as is before considering jet kitting them.
    Dink

Comment

William, ...............I have a 1229cc 1150 with mild cams(cam motion g-4's) mild headwork and all the other goodies . I have been using 38 flatslides for years and love them. They will give you all the carb you need if you decide to get aggressive with the head porting and cams but still will not be too much carb if you leave it set up the way it is now..............skip

Comment

Working...
      X