83GS750ES Carb Jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83GS750ES Carb Jetting

I was hoping you guys could help me a little in this area....

I am currently rebuilding my 83 750 es and I need some help with locating a jet kit, or sizing on the individual jets I will need for the carbs. The bike is basically stock except for individual pod filters and a V&H exhaust that I just purchased. Can I just buy the jets or do I have to buy a kit? I'm really not looking forward to $150 in carb parts. 8O

-B

The only trouble with buying individual jets and trying a hit or miss approach is you can end up spending as much as a jet kit could be bought for and you still won't have adjustable needles. You can try a couple of things first that won't cost much. If that doesn't work then quit wasting time and money and get a Dynojet kit. They have a website, just look up Dynojet Research. 120 mains should be about right. Drill and remove the caps over the pilot screws and try them at 1 1/2 turns out after being lightly seated. Then on the needle, I believe there is a thin washer followed by an E-clip followed by a thick nylon washer. You can try putting the thicker nylon washer under the clip and the thin one over the clip to richen up the 1/4-3/4 throttle settings. If that is too rich try some thinner washers under the E-clip and move the thick one back to its original position.

Comment

Comment

I would suggest the kit. Installation was straight forward and it took very little tweaking from the baseline settings provided in the installation instructions for satisfactory results. In addition to jets, adjustable needles and springs there is also the correct size drill to enlarge the holes in your slides.

Comment

The dynojet kit is nice and gives you all the recalibrations, not just the mains, but matching 5 groove needles, drill for the cv slide air bleeds, air correctors,etc. Took most of an afternoon when I did it years ago but I was taking my time too. Worth the money in my opinion.

Comment

Don't forget to synchronize your carbs after you do your jetting !! will make the world of difference.

Comment

Working...
            X