New Paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Paint job

Painted a big part of my bike today. Here are the pictures. Also here are the pics of my seat rebuild and reupholster. I am going to do some more painting, but haven't quite figured out just what colors I am going to use. I am going to paint the wheels, dunno what color yet. I am also going to paint the air box covers to match the wheels, or chrome them to match the rest of the metal work. All the exposed metal you see will get polished. Anybody have any tips for removing the black crust left over from a plastic bag melting on the headers? I am also leaning toward some flames for the tank and maybe the tail piece, dunno whether they will be bright colors, or ghost flames. The bottom of the forks are going to be painted black also. Thanks for looking, feel free to gimme some suggestions, but kindly keep all criticisms to yourself (just kidding, but play nice).

Bob

Webshots, the best in Desktop Wallpaper, Desktop Backgrounds, and Screen Savers since 1995.

Wow! The change to black on the black engine looks great on there.
    What did you use to paint the engine?

Comment

i like how you cut the fender and the black shock look

Comment

Cutting the fender was a bit more of a project than I had anticipated. I needed to cut the metal support bracket that is inside the fender and fabicate a new back half to support the tailpiece and keep it from wobbling alot. I think the cut fender and black shock update the look a bit. I just got back from polishing the edges of the cooling fins, really sets off the look IMO. I used Plasti-Kote Engine Paint low gloss black for the engine, and high gloss black for the frame.

Comment

Working...
        X