More fuel mixture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More fuel mixture

Im finally getting to installing the 36mm semi flats and re modifying my air box
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgCvBOoUWes4DYmb1*I2zwml3NIM4UwCFY3CJg65uZCPT!Ogd oEuVPutJjJjmahTHDuIo7Fpb5Dn*Z*SRaGtsMh5iDTmP9sZbtz uPDmrwPUyKAANHsIvDw/P3050004.JPG?dc=4675412269957322057[/img]
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgCvBOsUmus4DYmb1*I2z*xgF9nGjDTfpq*dRGy671SkrX28N sRaWr69iNKJxPcd7ywAVXntnlM*LfR*vSRe2eEHSfubxN7BgMh 3lk4QCaxvyXOYhGRr8Q/P3050005.JPG?dc=4675412269960376256[/img]
    suggestions please. I still have to seal the setup while making it possible to remove the air filter easily 8O
    there is one more photo in the next post

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwCvBHwVjBE4DYmb1*I2z2qI4Oe7CbMmpQ4YwkRrZDR59CCN0 y0ehOtXFw9P7bx*gYk*zqRB1dm!3iJtRdMTdrGDnFbFzLjNbVP OwFWgKtuTRPqo*va6GA/P30500060.jpg?dc=4675412271540828777[/img]

Comment

I've just dealt with putting on my first airbox (850GL), and have decided that airboxes are evil. Why don't all bikes use pod filters? What's the down side? BTW, that evil airbox you have there looks pretty bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by lhanscom
        I've just dealt with putting on my first airbox (850GL), and have decided that airboxes are evil. Why don't all bikes use pod filters? What's the down side? BTW, that evil airbox you have there looks pretty bad ass.
        it is my belief that his setup will allow as much air as required by open throttle on my application as pods. I like to retain at least 2 things. #1 is stealth and the second is i expect the thing to run a lot smoother in traffic and under normal mid range throttle because of retaining the dead air supply with the air box

Comment

Oh I forgot that i would like to remove the air filter to clean it once in a while so this is my solution so far
          tips and Ideas always welcome.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

Cool trick with the PVC pipe, Scotty.
            Are you going to get a new filter to clamp on that pipe?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelie
              Cool trick with the PVC pipe, Scotty.
              Are you going to get a new filter to clamp on that pipe?

Steve
              I still have the K&N filter that i have been using. Th piece of kitchen exhaust pipe that i used to make it fully open is more that i will need so I will use the same filter. There is some room in the filter opening to shave out 1 MM of rubber but i dont think i will do it. I was wanting to use a filter off a car something like the ones i saw on a couple of late model vettes but they are way too large. I would like to find somethng that is just a bit larger than the K&N stock replacement for the 1983 gs1100e. No luck there so far.

Comment

Working...
              X