Where can I get a 1000S fairing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I get a 1000S fairing?

Does anyone know who sells an aftermarket version of this fairing? Their website? Thanks

Something like this http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/suzuz/gs1000s.htm maybe???

Comment

I'm pretty sure airtech has them, but I'm not sure about mounting brackets and such. I do know that www.zerogravity.com has the wind screens in clear and smoke for that model of fairing... I just bought one last fall.

Comment

There was a "RED" one on ebay a few weeks ago.

Keith
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

I missed the one on eBay. A day late or a dollar short again. Ah, at least I'm consistent. Thanks, I'll keep watching eBay. I think the mounting hardware is going to be even harder to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Al
            I missed the one on eBay. A day late or a dollar short again. Ah, at least I'm consistent. Thanks, I'll keep watching eBay. I think the mounting hardware is going to be even harder to find.
            The mounting hardware isn't that much, 2 little tabs at the lower tree and 2 bent pieces of pipe with a little tab that attaches it to the top tree that's all.

By the way, what kind of bike do you want the fairing for? otherwise it could be different.

Comment

I'd like the fairing for my '83 1100G. I had an '80 1000S quite a few years ago and recall there wasn't much to the hardware. I think I could fabricate it if I had to. Naturally, I'd prefer not to have to. Time will tell. Thanks.

Comment

2 things to be concerned about
                Will the headlight fit? as in is it round? and what size?
                Also what handlebars do you have?
                The S has a superbike type bend

Keith
                Keith
                -------------------------------------------
                1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Airtech is the place to get the fairing from. The screen can be made in any color from Gustufson plastics in FL. Five years ago when I did mine the 1000S mounting hardware was still available from Suzuki for $35.00. Almost any handlebar will fit the screen, I do use the superbike bend on my 82 1100G though. You can check the fit on my bike in the 82 gallery, Viper blue and white 1100G custom.

Comment

Al,
                    Where are you? I've got a spare - needs painting though.

Comment

I am looking for the same type faring, but I don't need a new one. Could you send a pic of yours?

Comment

Working...
                      X