bar weights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bar weights...

Last fall I replaced my bars with some drag style ones, but they are hollow, and they feel hollow when you ride. Anyone use bar weights or snakes? any preferences or advice in getting something? when I asked the dealership about this they told me that for bar end weights I'd need to lose the chrome end caps on my grips because the weights would replace them, but the bars I took off had weight welded into the end, and I'm at a loss, I've not delt with this problem before, any advice??
    thanks, Dominick.......

Normal barend weights will need the chrome end caps taken off, however you could do something with a snake or the other various methods. People fill bars with bb's and silicone, or you could do something with lead. All depends on how much you like those end caps.

Comment

weighting the bar ends -

Just tie a piece of good string to a piece of foam. Stuff it in as far as you want the weights to be, amd let the string hang out the end of the bar. Fill the cavity up with lead shot (if you can still find it), or with tire balancing weights cut up, or whatever you have.

Tuck the end of the string around the end of the bar when you re-install the grips. That way you can always pull the foam out to adjust the amount of weight whenever you want.

No worries.

stephen
      ----------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X