K&N Jet Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K&N Jet Kits

I just ordered a stage 1/3 Jet kit from K&N for my 85 gs 1150 efe and I was wondering if anyone has used these kits before and what their comments were on self installation and enhanced performance.
    hopefully they aren't a waste of money. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i just recieved my k & n jet kit. i have not installed it but looking at it it seems very through. i have talk to people that have installed a stage 3 kit and they did notice the performance increase. lets put it this way the kit sez it is only intended for raceing use, and will not meet emissions, so if it kills emissoins then it must make some good power. ill keep you posted, don't forget you need hi flow air filters too

ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

If you got a deal on it (30-40 bucks) then its worth it for the adjustable needles alone.

Another thing is when you drill the slides out, your motor will rev faster making throttle response much better. I know its possible to do this without the kit, but the fact that they give you instructions and the right drill bit to do the job is worth the money.

Comment

Well I did get a deal 35$ U.S
        I'm just not a carb master and I hope I can install this alone by following the instructions.I have heard of people having to mess around forever with their carbs after installing these kind of kits especially stage 3.
        I however plan to keep my stock airbox so hopefully it shouldn't be to bad, so long as I dont need to resync or dynotest. :? :? :?

Comment

If you're keeping your stock airbox unmodified, stage 3 isn't really designed for it. That's usually a Stage 1 or maybe 2. Stage 3 may work, but the default settings would probably make your engine run rich.

Comment

I realize the stage 3 is intended for airbox removal and exhaust replacement but the kit I ordered is a stage 1 and 3 kit.
            apparently It can be used for both.
            I will use it as a stage 1

Comment

Hmmmm... Never heard of a stage 1 and 3 kit before. Ther is a big difference between the stage 1 and 3 kit though.

Comment

Hmmmm... Never heard of a stage 1 and 3 kit before. Ther is a big difference between the stage 1 and 3 kit though.

I've never heard of one either but this is what K&N told me they had for the '85 gs 1150es .
                I even had to ask the guy twice "I want the stage 1"
                "Its a stage 1/3 kit" he said
                "1 and 3 ?"
                "they are the same kit " he said

Comment

yep you have the option to install a stage 1 setup or a stage 3 setup they provide all the stuff for both.
                  78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                  82 Kat 1000 Project
                  05 CRF450x
                  10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Welcome to the jet age!

Simple kit to install if you can follow instructions and TAKE YOUR TIME! If you are not sure, stop and get help. Especially when drilling the slides. The slide lifthole IS NOT parallel to the needle hole. they run at an slight angle. Maintain this angle. Make sure your bike is running properly prior to playing Carb. Doctor. Is your ignition timing and spark good, carb. sync. correct, clean and properly oiled air filters, no intake leaks, exhaust flow appropriate for the jet kit stage you wish to set up for, new spark plugs. It is tuff to dial in a jet kit if the engine is not right to begin with. Also, Dynojet has online help which was instumental in me getting my V-Max plugs just right and a tasty shade of grey in the exhaust outlet. Also, get at least 1 sixpack. This will be manditory for victory celebration or for drowning your sorrows is something goes belly-up. Take your time and again, follow the instruction sheets. Do the initial set up as they prescribe. Your motor will be more responsive to your throttle input and feel livelier but don't count on massive HP increases. Big HP means Big Money. Your bike will run better and be more fun to ride though.
                    Good luck.
                    streetfighters.

Comment

Oh, also, they call it Stage 1 and 3 because the main jets included and the rest of the items in the kit are applicable to either the stage 1 setup ( stock filter/airbox ) or stage 3 ( clamp-on filters - use K+N , they really do deliver the best flow, I did a comparison using Uni-Pods and K+N's ).Have fun.
                      streetfighters.

Comment

Thanx for the tips and comments cats.
                        I'll keep ya posted and let you know if canadian carb rookie can do this right. :twisted: :twisted:
                        peace!

Comment

I have an additional question. If I got a stage 1/3 and installed stage 1 now with my stock air box and pipes, could I later "convert" it to a stage 3 when I get pods and performance exhaust?

Thanks!!

Comment

Yes, the only difference in the kit is the main jets, so you would just have to swap those out. Of course you would then need to fine tune it again.

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X