my streetfighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my streetfighter

well after a lay off my streetfighter project has come along very nicely.
    I converted the bike to a monoshock with a big gsxr1100 swingarm and wheel and all the gubbins. I basically cut the whole ass end of the frame off and welded on 2 steel ears on either side of the rear of the frame and have made up a trick alloy subframe that is a single seater.
    The front end is a gsxr usd 1100 front end with a set of triple trees that I made with help from a friend of mine, pain in the butt but look really cool.

I kept the stock tank and the frame and tank is painted a very cool flat black along with the engine and pipes.
    The pipes I'm redoing as I have about 4 sets of different pipes that I,m hacking and welding and generally playing around with until I get the look I want..
    I will post a pic of the frame and subframe as soon as I get a digi camera.
    This bike is totally minamilist with no uneeded junk on it .
    For anyone that wants to know the gsxr swingarm and wheel will fit but you have to file either side of the frame where the swingarm mounts to squeeze it in there.

shock

I heard that the swingarm would fit with a little extra clearance. My question would the shock mount up with minimal work? Later this summer I plan to pic up a MIG but until then I am left with bolt-on projects. Any pics yet? Thanks for any info

Trevor

Comment

im doing a similar project, what did you use to paint the frame with?
      and the other think, im trying to smoth out the boxed 80's body a bit, im thinking about going to a round halogen headlight and do away with the square one i have and fairing on the front, i'm not too familiar with the body on yours, but what "style" changes did you make?

Khyron

Comment

Working...
      X