Best exhaust for GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best exhaust for GS1100E

I have the MAC 4into2 exhaust on my bike now. I after I put on my big bore kit and cams the bike does not seem to run right after 8000 rpm. I pulled off the mufflers from the pipes and drove the bike and it runs much better. Who makes the best exhaust for this bike. I want the most power but don't want it to be extremly loud.

Vance&Hines................Pro Supersport Sytem with a street baffle.

8) Andre 8)

Comment

Here is another one.

when you decide what you want, call jay Regan for a price.

at http://www.murdochracing.com/

there is aversion of the pipe i showed you that does not look like spagetti and that is probably the vance and hienz design. (if i had it to do over i would have purchased rhe V&H pipe. V&H has both designs and the quality is superior. They work about the same and don't require any extra spacing between the front wheel and the pipes.I DONT KNOEW IF THE V&H PIPE ALLOWS SPACE FOR REMOVING THE OIL FILTER WITHOUT REMOVING THE PIPE. THE PRO STOCKER ONE DOES ALLOW FOR OIL DRAINING AND FILTER REMOVAL.

Comment

I bought the V&H megaphone to replace a Kerker megaphone. I specifically went with the megaphone instead of the others because it allowed drain and filter access. I believe it's the only V&H one that does - I wanted the more modern Supersport but I put on a lot of miles and removing it to change the oil seemed like a big pain.
        "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

I have called Star performance before about there pipes. They don't offer a street system anymore just the pro stock pipes. They would be a little too much for my use. Does V&H still offer the Supersport system? If they do I will probably get on off those.

Comment

Aftermarket pipes are really getting scarce for these bikes. The latest Dennis Kirk catalog Only has the Vance and Hines Megaphone system for approx $284.00. Try www.denniskirk.com or hold out for something on E-Bay.

Comment

I would use a bassani if i could find one, or a Yosh handbent

Comment

Does Bassani make exhaust for a GS1100? I know they make very nice exhaust for Mustangs. It they do I would be very interested in one. Does anyone out there have one on there bike?

Comment

Bassani got their start building expansion chambers for two-strokes. I don't know if they still build bike exhausts or not.

Comment

Jardine might be worth looking into if they still make them. I'd pick them over a Mac, but then I'm a Kerker guy so what would I know...

Comment

I think Bassani quit making bike headers along time ago. I remmber seeing ads for them in the bike mags in the early 80's. Does anyone being able to buy a set of pipes from Hooker Headers? I'm really showing my age now.

Comment

My uncle had a suzuki 185 enduro I learned how to ride a shifter bike on (at 12, in 1978) that had a hooker expansion chamber.

I know bassani doesnt make pipes anymore, but if i was in the market for one thats what I would look for It would probably take years but... I have a Yosh handbent on my radar (attached to a bike) I have to get soon.

Pipes make the bike

Another nice one is a Kerker meg, competition style

aluminum cans suck on GSs IMHO

Aanyone have a clean bassani they want to sell let me know. I would consider building a project around it. Dunno whether it would be a 4v powered 1000s replica, a katana, or a 1100es but i want one of those 3 with U/D forks and a 6" rear wheel

Comment

I've got a stainless Yosh Duplex with the aluminum spigots. I run an RS-3 oval carbon fiber canister with it. Superlight and hot looking.

Comment

I called murdochracing and was told Vance&Hines was discontinuing alot of non vtwin exhausts they said they had 6 street systems on order for months. Dennis Kirk still had some in stock so I got one from them.

Comment

MAC

I thought about buying the MAC 4-2 and finishing it off with F1 slip ons. Benny, you selling your MAC system?

Comment

Working...
                              X