83 gs750es fairing swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 gs750es fairing swap

Does anyone know if the fairing from a 550 will fit(or can be made to fit) on an 83 gs750es? I'm looking for something different without getting ridiculous. Also, I've seen some 750's in the gallery with a more full fairing look. This also intrigues me.

Collin

Collin let me know how it goes ive got a 83 750 e iive been wanting to do something different with like a full crotch rocket fairing .Mark

Comment

Yes, It will fit. I have a 550 fairing on my 750 ES. Its the half fairing though not a full from the EF model. I actually just took it off, and I am replacing it with the original fairing to bring the bike back to a stock appearance. The 550 ES fairing is for sale if you know someone who wants it.. You need the fairing frame from a 550 as well or it wont fit. The areas around the tank are a little different but all in all the fairing looks pretty good on the bike. The fairing I have has a small piece broken off which I have, and it could be plastic welded back on. aslo the frame is very slightly askew. I would trade this for a 750 or 700 ES windshield in good shape plus shipping. (shipping the fairing is not too cheap)

-Bill

Comment

As far as I know all ES models only came from factory with the frame mounted 1/2 fairing. Lockhart, for one, used to make aftermarket lowers which completly enclosed the motor. Finding a set of these lowers now would probably be difficult as most companies stopped making mods for these bikes. My bike is an 83' 750ED with added ES bodywork. In addition to the fairing and framework you will probably need to change bars as the ES bars were lower. Clip-ons will work with the ES fairing-I have Datona's which mount directly to the triple clamp. Ride On, Ed..

Comment

You can still purchase the '83/85 half faring from Air Tech.

Comment

Working...
          X